Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Dry End Tender 1Job ID 54937
The Dry End Operator (DRY) is responsible for preparing the operating and monitoring of the slitting and roll handling area of the Production Lines. The DRY is responsible for monitoring roll quality for any obvious visual defects, ensures proper packaging and labeling.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all functions of the job with specific attention to safe behaviors, environmental stewardship, and housekeeping duties and reports all non-conformities to management.
- Responsibilities include:
- Primary Safety Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for the plant.
- Follow all lockout procedures
- Follow all safety signs and documentation.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures concerning the handling of all chemicals within the area of their responsibility.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Primary Process Responsibilities
- Read, understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Operate industrial equipment when required
- Monitors and adjusts machine and equipment settings as required.
- Participate in start-up and shut-down activities on the lines.
- Operate all equipment associated with slitting, compactors, trim system, roll handling, packaging and labeling.
- Perform all required testing such as diameter, roll weights, etc. and record data
- Perform routine checks as identified on checklists.
- Assists with obtaining samples for quality checks, etc.
- Demonstrates group effort by working cooperatively with shift members.
- Minimizes process downtime.
- Participates on continuous improvement work groups
- Supports trials.
- Uses general tools (not requiring specialized training), as needed, to perform the job.
- Helps identify process problems and seeks solutions.
- Maintains Communications.
- Sustains effective communication
- Maintains logs as required.
- Assists in resolving supplier and customer complaints by providing relevant information
- Participates in shift huddles and meetings as required
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of job as directed by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Use basic computer functions
- Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail
- Create, reply to e-mail
- Enter production and quality data into system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.