Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Industrial Electrical TechnicianJob ID 59081
Job Title: Industrial Electrical/Instrumentation Technician
OC Business Title: Industrial Electrical/Instrumentation Technician
Job Code(s): 15RTEC
Revision Date: 04/15/2022
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary focus of this position is to achieve high standards of electrical & instrumentation reliability. Perform installation, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, repair, and calibration work on industrial electrical circuitry and instrumentation components. The job will also require some mechanical preventative maintenance and repair work on plant equipment along with. process instrumentation, camera systems, and piping. Knowledge of PLC’s is required.
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Span of Control: No direct reports
- Work on circuits from 24VDC to 480VAC
- Demonstrated knowledge working with VFD’s up to 200 hp.
- Demonstrated knowledge of troubleshooting motor circuits and associated components.
- Resolve deficiencies found during inspection/test
- Perform routine scheduled and non-scheduled electrical/instrumentation troubleshooting, repair, and calibrations.
- Locate and correct power failures and short circuits.
- Under the direction of the Controls Engineer make modifications to programming and configuration of programmable logic controllers and distributed process control systems.
- Knowledge and use of common electrical test equipment
- Be able to read electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Perform mechanical repairs as needed to plant equipment such as valves, gearboxes, motors, and pumps.
- Write maintenance procedures as required for performing routine and standard maintenance tasks.
- Industrial (Manufacturing) Maintenance Experience
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Knowledge of NEC and standards
- Understanding of NPFA70E
- Competent in Variable Frequency Drives (Allen Bradley & Siemens)
- Expert in Ladder Diagrams
- High Mechanical Aptitude
- Experience with conveyance systems
- Experienced with Instrumentation and Controls Systems
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic Valves
- Limit, proximity, and photo switches
- Supports and complies with Plant Safety programs and initiatives, 5S programs, and company TPM initiatives within the plant.
- Completes various reports from SAP related to the planning function as required.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Competency with PLC’s is desirable
- Expert in troubleshooting feeders, motors, and branch circuits
- High competency in motor controls centers
- Experienced with manufacturing machinery
- High competency in reading electrical diagrams
- Experienced with Power Distribution Panels
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment
- Perform both preventative and predictive related tasks
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical malfunctions in manufacturing equipment
- This roll will be a Day Shift position
- 5+ years industrial maintenance experience, specifically working with Industrial Controls
- 2-year Technical Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial mechanical type failures and solutions.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations
- Must be able to lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Some overtime work to occasionally include Nights and Weekends required
- Must have capacity to perform up to a 12-hour work shift
PREFERRED SKILLS SETS
- Solid experience with electronics, electrical troubleshooting, mechanics, fluids, and industrial controls
- CMMS (preferably SAP) experience
- Application specific TBD once in the role
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.