Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Maintenance & Reliability LeaderJob ID 54707
At our Aiken Non Wovens’ facility, our goal is to strive to zero losses. Reporting to the plant leader, this position will lead a maintenance team comprised of salaried engineers and hourly maintenance technicians in a union work environment. The Maintenance Leader is responsible for building a culture with an unconditional commitment to safety. The position is accountable to systematically deliver stable and reliable plant operations with a focus on safety, quality, productivity, customer focus and cost.
This role is directly accountable to safely maintain all equipment within the Owens Corning Aiken manufacturing plant. The successful candidate possesses a proven track record of leadership and sustained performance associated with plant maintenance and reliability systems and working cross-functionally with operations to drive operational metrics focused on identifying and reducing losses. In addition, they will be responsible for the leadership, training, development and engagement of all plant maintenance employees and will advance equipment reliability. Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, driving change and achieving result are essential.
Aiken is the largest facility in Owens Corning’s North America Nonwoven’s Composites business. This position has 4 salaried direct reports and the Aiken Plant has approximately 175 total non union employees.
Live the Owens Corning Safety Stand- Living Safely
- Ensures a safe and environmentally compliant workplace where safety is a first priority.
- Sustainability and Environmental Compliance / Stewardship
- Leads and support safety initiatives and processes to drive to zero incidents
- Educate team members on the safe operations of new processes, modifications or management of change (MOC) processes
- Trains and develops employees to safely perform their jobs
- Safety metrics – RIR, 1st aids, Near Misses, Pre-task safety planning, SAFE / C6, Risk profile reduction, safety training
Development and Execution of Plant Maintenance Strategy
- Develop a site-level maintenance reliability strategy, plan and actions to support improved operations. Lead and advance the PM (planned maintenance) pillar and utilize daily management for PM Pillar. Identify, prioritize, plan, schedule and execute preventative and predictive maintenance orders and work orders. Monitor backlog partner with NLT on any required actions, giving consideration to outsourcing and insourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and establishment of expectations for application of Precision Maintenance skills and Holistic predictive Maintenance technology for all installation, repair and maintenance of plant equipment
- Sets Performance Objectives for the Plant Operations & Maintenance Departments
- Develops and Leads the TPM PM pillar roadmap
- Leads Maintenance Department to best-in-class safety and machine performance
- Maintains plant maintenance operational costs. Identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies, streamline processes and leverage resources in order to improve cost structure . Monitor and control spare parts inventory and signed out parts. Deploys 5s for maintenance and storeroom areas and establishes daily monitoring of execution.
- Effectively collaborates and builds strong relationships with production and technical teams. Ensures PM Pillar partnership with the AM Pillars as well as other pillars. Partners with operations leadership to ensure safe, predictable manufacturing processes and a stable, reliable environment. Ensure coordinated communication and direction across all shifts and through leadership
- Ensure effective deployment of employee/labor relations practices
- Prepares budgets relative to capital expenditures, manpower, production, and space forecasting necessary to meet customer demands
Drives Elimination of Unplanned Down Time and Improved Asset Life Cycle Cost
- Execute and continuously improve the maintenance work management system (RWP)
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on chronic maintenance issues or repairs
- Identify and drive continuous improvement efforts to improve productivity and reduce risk within a facility
- Gathers and examines cost/performance data through data bases, field information, CMMS system and other data sources to build plant actions and priorities
- Defines, develops, monitors, and refines asset maintenance strategies
- Partners with other TPM pillars to support the plant TPM program
- Teaching and training of PM Pillar and reliability concepts/tools/methodologies
Leading and Developing Talent
- Builds and leads effective teams who are aligned on goals, increase plant performance and work together to win
- Leads talent development, training and builds open, trusting environment that promotes listening, respect, winning, and fun
- Drives the team to work collaboratively, coaching and training operators in support of AM (autonomous maintenance) activities
- Communicates effectively throughout the plant and ensures people have the right information to win.
- Ensures team have the skills and capabilities to be successful
- Holds people accountable and coaches to high standards and expected performance
- Attract, develop and retain the very best talent
- Invest in the growth and development of identified high potential talent
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 7 years of industrial manufacturing experience with proven success leading a maintenance and reliability organization in a proactive, preventative manufacturing environment
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred (preferably in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business)
- Mechanical and electrical background
- Reliability certification preferred
- High working knowledge of common CMMS systems, SAP preferred
- Working experience and application of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Condition based monitoring technologies like vibration, thermography, ultrasonic, motor circuit analysis, tribology
- Reliability tools such as: Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Hazard and Operability Analysis (HazOp), Weibull Analysis,
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP)
- Certified Reliability Leader (CRL)
- Controls and Automation – Experience in transforming plants to an increasingly automated manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapidly changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Takes action to continuously improve.
- Leads through safety and corporate vision.
- Knowledge of industrial utilities systems.
- Proficient in use and interpretation of analytical & statistical tools.
- Leverages own and others’ strengths.
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Ability to coach and guide for results.
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen.
- Possesses strong change management skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-knowledge.
- Ability to travel, as required (10-20%).
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.