Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Maintenance Trainee Tech 2Job ID 60448
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
OC Business Title: Maintenance Technician II
Job Code(s): 15MTT2
Revision Date: 11-01-2021
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Maintain, install, remove, construct and repair facility and equipment. Ensure safe, effective, efficient, continuous plant operation through proactive maintenance and reliability processes. Minimize scheduled and unscheduled downtimes. Support a predictive, failure elimination, data based organization to maximize line performance. This position requires skills in electrical and mechanical disciplines.
Employees hired as a Maintenance Technician II are expected to be able to qualify for the Maintenance Technician III level by the end of their first year of employment.
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Span of Control: No direct reports
- Drive a zero Environmental Health & Safety incident culture, support and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and identify preventive actions, and correct unsafe conditions and acts immediately
- Execute preventive and predictive maintenance activities including inspecting, testing and operating
- Meet committed downtimes and turn equipment over that functions properly
- Respond to problems in a timely manner utilizing a Maintenance Help Chain
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve mechanical and electrical issues throughout plant
- Work rotating shifts and participate in out of schedule working hours
- Keep supervisor informed of all non-conformities
- Perform rebuilds, welding, burning, brazing, fabrication, sheet metal, pipe fitting, lubrication, painting, electrical testing, measuring, conduit installation, soldering, calibration, etc.
- Accomplish other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as asked
- Obtain skills training to keep updated and ensure specialty knowledge is at least two deep
- Develop and provide skills training to other employees
- Move parts and equipment with proper rigging and handling techniques
- Operate shop tools and equipment necessary for the job
- Maintain maintenance records, logs and reports as required
- Complete WO’s, improve work procedures, update time estimates, adjust PM/PdM frequencies, etc.
- Enter unplanned WO’s into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Request, retrieve and maintain Storeroom spare parts, assist with min/max determinations, immediately return to stock Storeroom issues that are not used
- Utilize Reliability Engineers to solve problems to root cause and implement actions that prevent reoccurrence
- Support capital, equipment and process changes
- Participate on continuous improvement work groups and support trials
- Assist in resolving supplier and customer complaints by providing relevant information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintenance apprenticeship certificate or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical field of study-Preferred
- Two years industrial maintenance experience
- Mechanic and Electrician Evaluation Tests
- Mechanical and electrical industrial maintenance experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Maintenance knowledge with handling, installing, testing and operating all types of mechanical and electrical equipment including hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drives, motors, MCCs, electrical, HVAC, PLC, etc.
- Precision maintenance techniques knowledge and applications
- Predictive maintenance technologies knowledge and applications
- Maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge to execute planned work and record unplanned work
- Maintenance spare part knowledge to locate and retrieve parts from Stores
- Maintenance metrics knowledge to monitor, optimize and drive continuous improvement
- Effective communication skills to work with all levels of the plant organization, contractors and vendors
- Basic computer skills to log on, enter, store and retrieve data in OC, Microsoft Office and SAP applications
- Mathematical ability to perform calculations utilizing arithmetic, algebra and geometry
- Ability to read and work from technical manuals, engineering drawings, sketches, charts, etc.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities with large industrial equipment
- Quick decision making ability to overcome upset situations
- Work independently and cooperatively with all the Multicraft, and provide turnover information
- Lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate cranes, forklifts and various manlifts
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.