Aiken, South Carolina, United States
Reliability TechJob ID 54944
The Reliability Tech is responsible for repairing, maintaining, installing, and calibrating any electrical and or electronic control systems. He/ She is also responsible for maintaining the Mahlo, Smartview, Cognex, and Sienta equipment. Maintain any other operation according to accepted codes and safety procedures. He/ She is also responsible for responding to and resolving issues as it relates to mechanical and electrical problems in the plant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all functions of the job with specific attention to safe behaviors, environmental stewardship, and housekeeping duties and reports all non-conformities to management.
- Responsibilities include:
- Primary Safety Responsibilities
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for the plant.
- Follow all lockout procedures
- Follow all safety signs and documentation.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures concerning the handling of all chemicals within the area of their responsibility.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Primary Process Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and constructs any plant equipment, facility, and/or process.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Perform sheet metal and pipe fitting work.
- Maintain records and reports (including but not limited to, signing work orders).
- Operate shop tools and equipment necessary for the job.
- Diagnose and correct equipment/process problems.
- Requests, procures, issues, and stores parts, tools, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance throughout the plant.
- Moves equipment using powered or manually operated equipment.
- Works from engineering drawings, schematics, simple or complex sketches, other related documents and written or verbal filed instructions.
- Diagnose electrical/electronic system malfunctions and takes corrective actions.
- Performs incidental electrical services, work associated with the removal, repair, and installation of mechanical systems/equipment.
- Maintain the Mahlo, Smartview, Cognex, and Sienta Calibration and repairs as needed.
- Demonstrates group effort by working cooperatively with shift members.
- Minimizes process downtime.
- Participates on continuous improvement work groups
- Supports trials.
- Helps identify process problems and seeks solutions.
- Maintains Communications.
- Sustains effective communication
- Maintains logs as required.
- Assists in resolving supplier and customer complaints by providing relevant information
- Participates in shift huddles and meetings as required
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of job as directed by management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to understand both verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do mathematical calculations including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Must have the ability to operate a fork lift
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Use basic computer functions
- Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail
- Create, reply to e-mail
- Type accurately
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.