Amarillo, Texas, United States
Batch Engineering LeadJob ID 53878
The Batch Engineering Lead is responsible for the education and implementation of quality systems and customer relations.
Reports to: Engineering Leader
Span of Control: Operations associated with Batch
The employee duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Act as change agent in cultural transformation process with elevated commitment to quality.
- Lead, coach, and solicit input from team members to drive successful execution of facility and team goals and enhanced team member engagement / job satisfaction.
- Design and communicate clear and measurable performance expectations, complete performance reviews, and execute growth, development, and engagement plans.
- Issue corrective action and implement performance improvement plans, as needed.
- Serve as quality advocate to Operations: develop objectives, targets, training, and standards.
- Lead communication process to Operations Organization to verify capable processes.
- Prioritize and deliver productivity projects for all functions reporting into Engineering Leader.
- Manage the batch house unloading, weighing, and mixing.
- Maintain batch inventory levels.
- Monitor batch raw material chemistries to assure that the glass chemistry remains consistent.
- Complete breakdown analysis and investigate.
- Lead others.
- Sustain and develop database approach through Focused Improvement pillar
- Monitor, predict and adjust key performance metrics and key activity metrics for Batch area.
- Drive consistency to Batch Raw Material quality through stable operations support.
- Develop loss tree and drive improvement to waste elimination.
- Drive process upset elimination using Maintenance prevention methods.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- One or more years of experience in engineering or related field.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Ability to take initiative to achieve results.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple responsibilities.
- Good Product and End Use Customer Process and Product knowledge.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must possess the ability to:
- Operate a computer and other keyboard instruments.
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Utilize SAP for data entry.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.