Amarillo, Texas, United States
Electrical Controls EngineerJob ID 54058
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
The Owens Corning - Amarillo Composites Plant is seeking an Electrical Controls Engineer. This position contributes to the success of the Amarillo composites plant by providing controls, network, and automation support for the plant. Electrical Controls Engineer will also lead automation capital projects for the site, achieving stated results on time and within budget. In addition, this position will be part of and help lead TPM continuous improvement efforts through the Early Management and Focused Improvement pillars as well as supporting the operations department Autonomous Maintenance teams. The primary accountabilities of this position are ensuring the safe operation of the Amarillo Plant manufacturing assets.
This position will report to the Amarillo Plant Electrical Complex Leader.
- Provide electrical, controls and automation support to Automation projects, plant process, packaging and utility operations
- Support Plant Maintenance and Operations teams in system and equipment troubleshooting and in technical knowledge transfer
- Assist Corporate Engineering and Plant engineering with larger scale Automation projects
- Lead Automation projects within the Amarillo facility
- Provide technical support to all Operations and Maintenance departments to help trouble shoot and diagnose issues related to PLC and HMI programs.
- Train maintenance technicians and operators on new technology to allow proper maintenance and trouble shooting
- Enhance maintenance processes through equipment and systems analysis to identify opportunities for equipment or process modification, equipment replacement, or application of new technology
- Actively develop and implement cost savings initiatives involving waste minimization, productivity improvements and other process optimization opportunities through an active partnership with the site’s maintenance and operation teams
- Support Break Down Analysis process and create One Point Lessons to support knowledge transfer
- Develop, implement and monitor automation and control strategies and system architecture for the facility. To review designs by others, and to ensure adherence to strategies and Owens Corning specifications
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, regulations, procedures, training, and initiatives
- Support and adhere to Reliability Work Process (RWP).
- Support and lead Plant TPM Initiatives and Projects
- Ensure adherence to management of change process.
- Strong safety awareness, commitment, and safety leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training, knowledge, and experience
- 3-5 years automation and control engineering experience in a plant, corporate engineering or related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical and Controls Design experience
- Project scheduling skills
- Developer (mentor, coach, guide)
- General knowledge of control systems and design
- General knowledge of TPM and maintenance processes
- Strong knowledge of PLC based controls and HMI applications with emphasis on AB including PLC programming proficiency
- Knowledge of practical application of OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI standards
- Leadership (effectively present information/respond to customers)
- Values (integrity, accountability, candor and innovation)
- Communicator (explainer, good listener)
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills
- Strategist (well organized, prioritizes)
- Equipment evaluation and selection experience
- Knowledgeable in process controls and facility electrical distribution
- Past Leadership responsibility
- Data Historian experience (Ignition and/or IP21 platforms)
- Upgrading legacy control systems (PLC’s and HMI’s) to current technologies
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.