Amarillo, Texas, United States
Electrical Leader - AutomationJob ID 53762
The Electrical Leader is responsible for assuring the reliability and uptime of all plant electrical systems. They will contribute to the success of the plant by providing expertise on PLC controls, information networks, and equipment automation. Critical to the job will be auditing and optimizing PM’s on all critical pieces of equipment, training craftsmen on PLC controls and new technology for advanced manufacturing, life cycle asset management of facility systems, leading the site predictive maintenance program, and partnering with process area owners to ensure equipment reliability.
This position reports to the Maintenance Leader of the facility.
1. Live the Safety stand; adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Demonstrate a commitment to employee health and safety, particularly through a commitment to zero injuries, awareness of hazards, and a strong understanding of legislative requirements in all aspects of the operation.
- Hazard identification and control/resolution
- Injury prevention metrics
- ZERO inuries
2. Deliver equipment reliability and uptime to Operations
- Keep Maintenance leader and Plant Leadership Team fully apprised of investments and/or resources required to ensure all electrical equipment/systems are operating in a fully restored condition.
- Provide electrical, controls, and automation support to automation projects, plant process, packaging and utility operations.
- Work with Predictive Maintenance assets (internal and external) to eliminate failures that can be predicted utilizing predictive test equipment: such as, vibration data analysis, infrared thermography, oil analysis, and ultrasonic leak detection equipment.
- Support plant maintenance and operations teams in system and equipment troubleshooting and technology transfer. Provide technical support to help troubleshoot and diagnose issues related to PLC and MMI programs.
- Assist corporate engineering and plant engineering with automation projects
- Train PM electricians and AM operators on key inspection, cleaning, and lubrication practices required on all critical utility and mechanical equipment as well as on new technology.
- Support TPM activities throughout the plant by optimization of PM’s, looking for AM inspection opportunities on critical equipment, and regular analysis of SAP activity report data for entire facility.
- Work with different vendors to ensure our purchased equipment, storeroom parts, water treatment systems, and contracted labor contracts places our facility in the most cost-competitive situation.
- Actively support a “ZERO defect” culture within the crafts organization and the plant as a whole.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations, quality, and/or safety goal by usage of methodical problem solving techniques.
- % Completion of A and B critical equipment PM’s
- MTBF and MTTR data analysis
3. Ensure our crafts organization is well-trained and working efficiently
- Actively participate in the training of our craftspeople
- Support maintenance supervision to ensure our craftsmen are working efficiently and being effective on all planned and reactive work
- Be able to support craftsmen after-hours on troubleshooting equipment/process issues that go beyond their skill capabilities.
- Advancement of training plans toward qualification and specialist levels
- 4-Year engineering degree
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience in a reliability role
- Understanding of planned maintenance techniques (RWP, SAP, etc.)
- Microsoft Office capability
- Openness to relocation to areas around the world including to OC World Headquarters, located in Toledo, Ohio, for growth opportunities in the future.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Technical skills- Ability to read and troubleshoot systems from electrical schematics, ability to use multi-meters, meggers, calibrators, amp meters. Formal Rockwell controls training preferred
- Mechanical skills – Understanding of HVAC systems and controls
- Technical experience in 3 phase 480VAC, single phase 120VAC and low voltage equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC systems and HMI applications with emphasis on AB including the ability to write complete program narratives using logic
- Understanding and knowledge of mechanical drive systems, pneumatic systems, and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrated leadership in sustaining and improving plant safety
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the work processes and procedures on one or more production lines; technical acumen
- Knowledge and application of operational excellence tools.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to implement change
- Demonstrated success utilizing continuous improvement/TPM tools
- Ability to make decisions quickly and adapt to unplanned situations
- Leadership skills – including ability to work well as part of a team and within a matrixed organization, strong verbal and written communication skills and good listening and comprehension skills
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.