Amarillo, Texas, United States
Sr Engineering SpecialistJob ID 54150
The Amarillo Process Engineer is a salary-exempt position, reporting to the Sr. Engineering Lead with a dotted line to the Amarillo Technical Leader. The Process Engineer is responsible for initiating and implementing technical improvements, preventing and resolving technical problems, and assessing the capabilities of the processes. The Process Engineer will provide all aspects of technical leadership in the improvement of manufacturing processes, manufacturing equipment efficiencies, and product quality supporting plant operations.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Sr. Engineering Lead
Span of Control: N/A
The employee duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Utilize Root Cause Analysis methods to problem solve process issues and increase equipment reliability, process capability, and improve product quality
- Identifying, understanding, and teaching others the Critical Product Characteristics required to provide our customers with a quality product
- Developing and implementing procedures and systems to ensure products consistently meet or exceed customer expectations
- Supporting trials for new and existing products to ensure they meet customer’s fitness for use
- Apply sound engineering practices towards the completion of improvement projects
- Maintain master files and history on all specifications and procedures.
- Maintain and control packaging procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement resulting in increased productivity, improved product quality, and reduced process variability.
- Identify opportunities for equipment efficiency and optimization resulting in increased productivity.
- Analyzing product and process data, providing feedback and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Implementing corrective actions for issues surfaced through quality complaints
- Coaching, counseling, and training all employees on process control
- Establishing processes for all critical tasks and audit for adherence and compliance
- Partner with maintenance to resolve equipment issues
- Identifying and requesting capital funding for equipment, modifications, etc.
- Conducting process audits to review Critical Product Characteristics and Critical Process Variables and implementing sustainable corrective actions for process shifts or upsets
- Determining process consistency and capability
- Developing and implementing Operator Control Plans to ensure that all products meet specifications at the lowest cost
- Identifying and eliminating common causes of product and process variation (troubleshooting)
- Maintain plant databases on Process audits and product FFU.
- Monitor and maintain all process-related programs to control product specifications and set points.
- Implement best practices for process setup, maintenance, and process control.
- Perform spot-checks and routine audits related to the production process and quality testing.
- Provide technical support to Operations, Maintenance and Leadership, as well as all customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance methodology and implementation and/or Lean certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills.
- Strong at managing projects through completion.
- Utilizing data and data collection systems, and lean methodology for problem-solving and decision-making to eliminate manufacturing losses and unnecessary costs.
- Able to create and implement strategic operations plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Business and Financial acumen to understand the drivers of success and how they interact.
- External perspective and understands that all business opportunities start with the knowledge of how to create value for the customer
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Utilize Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, AutoCad
- Utilize SAP for data entry and reporting.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.