Apeldoorn, Gelderland, Netherlands
Sr HR ProfessionalJob ID 53840
The Human Resources Generalist has shared responsibility for all areas of HR (including the role of Custom Manager concerning Employee Central) at the Apeldoorn Plant. Scope of work includes a heavy focus on the TPM Pillar Training & Development along with recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, wellness programming, performance management, and employee/labor relations. This is a key position in the Human Resources Department and will be a primary point of contact for employees.
The Human Resources Generalist is a key role within our HR talent pipeline aimed at developing future HR leaders within our progressive, people-focused work environment by creating opportunities to learn and grow. This position is intended to prepare individuals for promotional or expanded HR roles in the Company.
The position is located in Apeldoorn, Netherlands.
Lead for Safety Excellence
- Adheres to, and continuously improves, all plant and position-specific safety policies, procedures, and standards;
- Ensures a safe, clean and environmentally compliant work environment and builds a culture where safety is a first priority;
- Support and drive a Zero Safety environment incident culture by engaging all employees, contractors and visitors;
Knowing our Customers
- Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes;
- Successfully influences leaders and all employees to make the best business decisions;
- Accountable for the systems that ensure capability and skill required to meet or exceed customer expectations;
Pillar Delegate of the T&D Pillar (TPM)
- Develop Skills matrices per area;
- Based on the Skills Matrices capable of assessing the training need and to develop training plans, ensures that all Plant personnel is trained in TPM tools;
- Develop, organize and execute training different in area’s Taking part in projects and tools of other Pillars (AM, FI, etc) like QC Story;
- Understand and able to explain the Plant Loss Tree and the HR Loss Tree as well;
- Partners with other OC Composites sites to share best practices and elevate the performance of the business as a whole
Leading and Developing Talent
- Create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation.
- Effectively build a diverse team with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to ensure the organization has the necessary talent to achieve its near-term and long-term goals.
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., sourcing, supply chain, HR) on performance management and talent development
HR Functional Excellence
- Supports front line leadership to ensure consistent application of policies, programs and procedures focused on driving capability and performance to deliver on key business priorities. Proven ability to conduct employee investigations ensuring effective review and follow up.
- Employee engagement - drives site employee engagement and communication strategy/execution; leads annual engagement surveys, data collection, communication, development and implementation of resulting action plans.
- Leads Reward and Recognition programs, Wellness programs, and Community Involvement efforts for the plant.
- Labor Relations – assists HR Leader in preparing for, and participating in, activities concerning works council and Collective Labour Agreement. Activities are projects on specific matters, negotiaitions.
- Enter and maintain data with in HR systems like Employee Central, Payroll system and Time systems
- Develop opportunities within those systems to be more efficient Using data analytics to support and/or influence business decisions
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology/Sociology or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
A minimum of 7 years generalist HR experience in a production plant.
Previous experience in collaborating with works councils and trade unions is preferred
Experience with Microsoft Office is necessary
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategy and Execution. Ability to create, implement, and communicate tactics for execution, enabling strategy attainment and delivery of results
- Safety. Engages and cares for others, promoting safety as a condition of employment
- Growth. Encompasses skills necessary of growth capability: ideation, evaluation, & action
- Talent Attraction & Development. Strong talent assessment skills, demonstrable recruitment, coaching & employee engagement skills, idea generation & collaboration ability with various organization levels in hierarchy.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Detail Oriented. Takes ownership of all aspects of the role including short term tasks and long term projects to ensure that each is completed precisely.
- Self-Development. Desire to continuously learn, develop and expand responsibilities and impact on the organization.
- Knowledgeable of TPM system. Expert on T&D.
- OC Values. Self-awareness and connection to: Innovation, Sharing, Fun, Respect, Candor, Accountability
- Fluent in both Dutch and English languages