Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Assistant Operator-AsphaltJob ID 54809
The assistant operator is responsible and accountable for safety, quality, and productivity during the transfer, blending and shipment of asphalt products. Assistant Operators make critical decisions during his/her shift to ensure that customer shipments are on time, within the customer’s specifications and at the correct temperature. The assistant operator is responsible for communicating critical information concerning all relevant compliance requirements in the processing of asphalt to the appropriate Operator, Process Quality, and/or Leadership members as necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must check pass down log, e-mail, and production boards, for critical information daily.
- Blend special products in compliance within specifications
- Gauge all assigned tanks and record outage, temperature, and time
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevated heights.
- Completes all reports and transactions required to document quality, shipments, environmental compliance, shift production and/or activity that occurred during the assistant operator’s shift
- Make a complete trip around the facility during the shift checking valves for their proper positions, leaks in tanks, tank temperatures, and any foreign objects.
- Must communicate daily orally and written at shift change and with plant leadership and support team.
- Must be capable understanding and following oral and written communication instructions
- Must be capable of making equipment adjustments with and without tools as needed for continuous operation of the facility
- Must load and unload hot material from bulk trucks at elevated heights
- Must unload material from tankers and railcars at elevated heights
- Must keep the paving grade tanks at the required levels to meet our customer’s expectation
- The assistant operator must be capable and willing to assist the operator with his/her duties as necessary to meet or exceed all customer expectations.
- Must complete housekeeping assignments as required(breakroom, locker room, and in the plant)
- Must be capable of working alone or with minimal supervision
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Basic knowledge of mathematics(add/subtract/multiply/divide/fractions
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Self-starter, motivated and goal oriented. Able to demonstrate good leadership skills
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (SAP, Word, Excel and etc,)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High school diploma or general education (GED).
- Must be able to prove sustainable authorization to work in the United States.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must achieve and maintain qualification as Lift Truck Operator.
- Knowledge and adherence of all safe work procedures
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.