Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Maintenance PlannerJob ID 53600
This job description covers the most significant duties performed, but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned which require comparable skills, efforts, and experience. It is expected that the essential duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Planner job requires administrative, planning, and scheduling responsibilities that fall outside of the purview of the Collective Bargaining Unit.
The person in this classification is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled and exceptionally competent maintenance person and leader. Responsible for leading the day-to-day work associated with planning and kitting maintenance work. Must be able to analyze causes of breakdowns and initiate corrective measures. Assist in training and development of other mechanics. Completes required records and reports. Lead and participates in teams to develop and implement engineering solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Energy Control Procedures (ECP's) and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
- Fluent in the language of the plant
- Computer literacy – email, simple spreadsheet, word doc.
- Forklift operation, licensed
- Assists in determining appropriate methods to accomplish the tasks of installing, modifying or maintaining plant equipment.
- Must work safely and follow all documented and “common sense” safety polices and procedures.
- Read, understand, and analyze blueprints and other technical data references.
- Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and ensures craftsperson’s work areas are clean and picked up after each job completion.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Work and develop relationships with outside contractors, and serves as main point of contact for facility.
- Helps implement changes for TPM and support PM pillar needs.
- Be a positive spokesperson and help lead plant wide changes.
- Lead and participates in teams to develop and implement engineering solutions.
- Develop and communicate on a daily basis to plant NLT and plant leadership a plan to address daily plant issues identified via POP, Daily Shift Report and 1:15 meeting.
- Responsible for “Opportunity for Improvement” list on a monthly basis based on DT/ST.
- Work with Scheduler and ensure all work orders are reviewed on a monthly basis to ensure system is maintained current.
- Needs to assume minimal responsibilities for Scheduler when Scheduler is out.
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to work flexible hours as needed to support duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Coaching skills
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Leadership training
- Basic PLC training
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of this position.
Minimum of 1yr experience in planning for a Maintenance team. Preferably five (5) years in a related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical or hydraulic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to demonstrate trouble-shooting techniques. Must have an understanding of electrical and hydraulic circuitry. Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Must be able to work independently or in a team atmosphere with minimal direct supervision with drive toward accomplishment, and to produce high quality work.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements for several hours
- Able to climb on and off of fork truck
- Ability to stand for 10 - 12 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
- Lift and push and pull 40 lbs. More than 100 times per day
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or control
- Repetitive movements
It is a requirement to have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.