Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Master MechanicJob ID 54498
This role’s primary function will be directly related to TPM responsibilities. A significant part of the TPM role deals with building strong interpersonal relationships with co-workers enabling the leading and accomplishment of the TPM goals. The right individual for this role must have strong people skills combined with a strong multi-disciplined mechanical aptitude. Since this is a new role the individual must also have a willingness to learn, develop, train others and assist in leading change. In order to achieve strong results, a certain amount of flexibility and adaptability is necessary as this role develops. The secondary responsibilities will be those of a multi purpose maintenance tech/mechanic. The right individual will work to help the team produce high quality asphalt safely. Industrial equipment maintenance, excellent mechanical skills, computer skills, and good team communication skills are required by the job.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the adoption of the Autonomous Maintenance Pillar of TPM Implement and sustain the tagging system in Autonomous Maintenance / SAP
- Become an expert in the SAP maintenance module
- Learn and subsequently teach Operators and Assistant Operators the elements of operator basic care in Autonomous Maintenance
- Create learning tools/carts/visual aids for the TPM Learning Center
- Provide plant-wide support to all TPM teams and activities
- Energy Control Procedures (ECP's) and Lock Tag Try (LTT) system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
- Computer literacy – email, simple spreadsheets, word, and powerpoint skills.
- Safe rigging procedures.
- Forklift operation, licensed – will provide certification.
- Troubleshooting basics, how to analyze a problem and step to the root cause. Help reduce cycle time to problem resolution and eliminates the “replace and see what happens method”.
- Installs, modifies or maintains plant equipment and assists in determining appropriate methods to accomplish these tasks.
- Read, understand, and analyze blueprints and other technical data references.
- Skilled use of hand and power tools.
- Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and ensures work areas are clean and picked up after each job completion.
- Must work safely and follow all documented and “common sense” safety policies and procedures.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Work collaboratively with outside contractors and hold them to OC safety standards in daily work behaviors.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic PLC
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
- Must have minimum two years of plant experience or have demonstrated capability and knowledge to trouble shoot major plant systems.
- Basic Welding
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should possess the following abilities:
- Reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Understanding verbal and written instructions.
- Strong internal and external customer service and communication skills.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of all quality criteria.
- Equipment/mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Read prescribed measuring devices
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Good attention to detail
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Microsoft applications
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to work safely from heights
- Must be able to work safely as required in confined spaces
- Stand/walk for prolonged periods of time (10 hours and/or rotating shifts).
- Engage in prolonged repetitive movements.
- Bend, turn, climb, crouch, reach or twist.
- Good eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to move up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.).
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.