Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Production SupervisorJob ID 54432
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the safe, quality-focused and efficient day to day operation of a manufacturing shift of personnel. The person in this role assumes the responsibility to ensure their staff is properly trained to perform their primary functions autonomously and creates and maintains a sustainable plan to cross train for maximum flexibility of their shift compliment. This position will be a night shift position and our schedules fluctuate based upon the shifting demand of our industry, flexibility is required for serious consideration.
Reports to: Operations Leader
Span of Control: Position is responsible for direct leadership and growth and development of approximately 15 employees
Aligns with the Roofing and Asphalt business goals.
- Develops and achieves personal objectives that stretch self and align to the Department, Plant, Division and Company goals.
- Success will be measured by the Production Supervisor’s ability to coordinate with peer group to collectively achieve operational excellence in safety, quality, cost control, inclusion, engagement, inter-department cohesion and compliance.
- Effectively communicates in accordance with protocols to maximize all available resource utilization and uptime improvement.
- Assists in developing their staff understanding of the equipment, process, and the effects of their actions up and downstream to their area. Ensures a macro and micro level understanding of the plant processes and the inter-relation to the individual work area.
- Is a positive change agent encouraging and closely involved in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts to ensure shift culture mirrors initiatives and all personnel are engaged toward Operational level ownership and accountability
- Ensures Operator training materials are maintained up to date through routine audit and management of change process input to Training and Development (T&D) Pillar Leader when changes occur in process settings, equipment, etc.
Accountable for employee safety.
- Models the appropriate safe work practices and prioritizes safety above all other metrics
- Holds others accountable for working safely and engaging actively in safety initiatives to maintain a zero- incident culture
- Provides appropriate resources to ensure a fully engaged and incident-free operation
- Ensures the plant is always in a clean, organized and in customer tour-ready state; owns a plan that identifies hazards, including housekeeping issues, resolves and sustains the plan in an ongoing fashion
- Ensures the safe manufacture of a quality product in accordance with schedule requirements
Demonstrate the commitment to build an exceptional workplace environment; fostering open communication, employee engagement, and inclusion.
- Actively manages the continued training, development and growth of all personnel.
- Provides daily management of timekeeping systems to ensure payroll accuracy is maintained
- Encourages a culture of data driven decision making and sense of urgency toward issue resolution
- Sets clear expectations of performance and establishes, communicates and regularly reviews commitments to make certain milestones are achieved as planned
- Audits daily to ensure data accuracy of all inputs (e.g. check sheets, layered process audits, computer inputs, etc.)
- Professional and motivating communication skills to recognize and bring out the best in each employee
- When operating on an off shift, represents the entire management team
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Majors - Engineering or Business are strongly preferred)
- Experience directly leading people in an industrial manufacturing or maintenance operations environment is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Lean, 6S, and TPM
- Ability to reduce waste through continuous improvement of existing processes
- Mechanical aptitude highly preferable
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.