Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Production SupervisorJob ID 54955
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the safe, quality-focused and efficient day to day operation of a manufacturing shift of personnel.The person in this role assumes the responsibility to ensure their staff is properly trained to perform their primary functions autonomously and creates and maintains a sustainable plan to cross train for maximum flexibility of their shift compliment.
Shift: NIGHTSHIFT OPENING
Reports to: Operations Leader
Span of Control: Position is responsible for direct leadership of approximately 15 employees
Aligns with the Roofing and Asphalt business goals.
- Develops and achieves personal objectives that stretch self and align to the Department, Plant, Division and Company goals.
- Success will be measured by the Production Supervisor’s ability to coordinate with peer group to collectively achieve operational excellence in safety, quality, cost control, inclusion, engagement, inter-department cohesion and compliance.
- Assists in developing their staff understanding of the equipment, process, and the effects of their actions up and downstream to their area. Ensures a macro and micro level understanding of the plant processes and the inter-relation to the individual work area.
- Is a positive change agent encouraging and closely involved in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts to ensure shift culture mirrors initiatives.
- Ensures Operator training materials are maintained up to date through routine audit and management of change process input to Training and Development (T&D) Pillar Leader when changes occur in process settings, equipment, etc.
Accountable for employee safety.
- Models the appropriate safe work practices and prioritizes safety above all other metrics
- Holds others accountable for working safely and engaging actively in safety initiatives to maintain a zero- incident culture
- Provides appropriate resources to ensure a fully engaged and incident-free operation
- Ensures the plant is always in a clean, customer tour-ready state; owns a plan that identifies hazards, including housekeeping issues, resolves and sustains the plan in an ongoing fashion
- Ensures the safe manufacture of a quality product in accordance with schedule requirements
Demonstrate the commitment to build an exceptional workplace environment; fostering open communication, employee engagement, and inclusion.
- Actively manages the continued training, development and growth of all personnel.
- Provides daily management of timekeeping systems to ensure payroll accuracy is maintained
- Encourages a culture of data driven decision making
- Sets clear expectations of performance and establishes, communicates and regularly reviews commitments to make certain milestones are achieved as planned
- Audits daily to ensure data accuracy of all inputs (e.g. check sheets, layered process audits, computer inputs, etc.)
- Professional and motivating communication skills to recognize and bring out the best in each employee
- When operating on an off shift, represents the entire management team
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Majors - Engineering or Business are strongly preferred)
- Experience directly leading people in an industrial manufacturing or maintenance operations environment is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Lean, 6S, and TPM
- Ability to reduce waste through continuous improvement of existing processes
- Mechanical aptitude highly preferable
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.