Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Transportation Lead SecurityJob ID 54470
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and understanding of all Safety Programs including LTT.
- Actively engage in the plant's Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts. through maintaining 5S standards and area/pillar activities as assigned.
- General housekeeping in your work area.
- Follow the company waste management program - separate all recyclable material and discard waste into the appropriate containers to ensure sustainability efforts maximized.
- Remain actively 100% engaged in all safety initiatives and comply with all plant safety regulations.
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies regarding business conduct
- Regular onsite attendance.
- All other duties as assigned or needed that can be performed safely.
- Courteous and professional first point of contact for all in and outbound shipping truckers.
- Ability to navigate and efficiently use SAP 6.0 and IVC systems and be able to train Shipping LTO’s of same.
- Construct stacking list and communicate to appropriate people.
- Develop and communicate the Due Out Report daily.
- Communicate with Transportation Specialists and Customer Support team when issues with shipments arise.
- Set up shipments of Seconds with Customer Support team and then communicate with Seconds buyer when shipment is available for pickup.
- Responsible to ensure 5S and Housekeeping plan exists and is maintained raw materials and shipping yard areas.
- Receiving of raw materials and finished goods in the SAP system.
- Train the Trainer Level Forklift Certification
- Facilitate daily huddle with Shipping LTO staff
- Follow up and investigate near miss and safety incidents.
- Ability to operate a forklift and load shipments based on Standard Work and JHA’s for loading when needed for flex up shipping window if no other qualified Shipping LTO’s are available.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct inventory cycle counts and assist with inventory control.
- Monitor of amount of scrap material and ensure that it is properly shipped offsite.
- Monitor of work flow of shippers during busy shipping times.
- Check that all shipping tracking spreadsheets are up to date.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Shipping LTO.
In addition, overtime may be required due to the amount of shipments that have arrived. Members of the extended leadership team are expected to work the hours required to ensure a well-coordinated and executed shipping plan daily that meets our customers’ requirements.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Accountability and ownership for actions
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate/read/write legibly in English
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Able to learn the responsibilities of the position.
- Should have intermediate computer skills
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee must have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Warehousing/Inventory Management/Supervisory or lead experience is preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Able to climb and descend (in and out of a forklift)
- Lift and push and pull 40lbs without assistance
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes (hot in the summer and cold in the winter).
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Repetitive movements
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask), gloves, bump cap/hard hat as necessary for task
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.