Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Utility 1Job ID 54820
ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE! SECOND AND NIGHT SHIFT WORKERS NEEDED!
2019 World's Most Ethical Companies, 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Green Cross for Safety by National Safety Council, 2019 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, SAM Gold Class 2019 Sustainability Award, Environrnmental Leader Product & Project Award
Would you like to work for a Fortune 500 company that prides itself on the high quality of our employees and that has been recognized with the above distinctions?
Do you have previous experience working in a manufacturing facility or in machine or forklift operation in an industrial setting?
Would you like to be rewarded for your efforts with a competitive base hourly rate, benefit package and an opportunity for personal growth and development?
Do you want to be part of a team that is pioneering a change effort to ensure our facility is world class in every way?
We provide a safety-first work atmosphere that is expanding and we'd like to talk to you. Our nightshift openings start at over $17/hr. including shift differential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Rotation through each position as necessary to allow for cross-training and to provide absentee backup and short term break relief anywhere on the production line.
- Inspect material to ensure critical to quality specifications are built in - determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all second quality material and rewrap consistent with standard operating procedures.
- Assist machine operators in start-up, re-start, and shut-down as needed throughout the plant to ensure efficient operations.
- Perform work at Auto Catcher of Pattern Cutter-clearing jams, resetting machine, rotating with other Utility employees.
- Active engagement in the plant's Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts through maintaining 5S standards and area/pillar activities as assigned.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Follow the company waste management program - separate all recyclable material and discard waste into the appropriate containers to ensure sustainability efforts maximized
- Remain actively 100% engaged in all safety initiatives and comply with all plant safety regulations
- Operate powered industrial vehicles – forklift, scissor lift, floor sweeping equipment
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular onsite attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Utilize a flamed heating device safely for rewrapping seconds materials.
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
- Verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Ability to rotate and work shift work
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.