Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Utility 1Job ID 55279
ENTRY LEVEL OPENINGS IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE ON NIGHT SHIFT! $2000 SIGN ON BONUS WITH SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF 90-DAY PROBATIONARY PERIOD (Some stipulations apply)
2019 World's Most Ethical Companies, 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Green Cross for Safety by National Safety Council, 2019 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, SAM Gold Class 2019 Sustainability Award, Environrnmental Leader Product & Project Award
Would you like to work for a Fortune 500 company that prides itself on the high quality of our employees and that has been recognized with the above distinctions?
Do you have previous experience working in a manufacturing facility or in machine or forklift operation in an industrial setting?
Would you like to be rewarded for your efforts with a competitive base hourly rate, benefit package and an opportunity for personal growth and development?
Do you want to be part of a team that is pioneering a change effort to ensure our facility is world class in every way?
We provide a safety-first work atmosphere that is expanding and we'd like to talk to you. Our nightshift openings start at over $17/hr. including shift differential.
Sign on bonus of $2000 payable at successful completion of 90-day probationary period - some stipulations apply.
Are you available to work on night shifts and weekends as needed?
Beginning January 2021 - 12 hour night shifts working 3 days one week, then 4 days the next as your routine schedule (effectively 15 days off per month!)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have the ability to work flexible shifts - nights/weekends requried.
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Rotation through each position as necessary to allow for cross-training and to provide absentee backup and short term break relief anywhere on the production line.
- Inspect material to ensure critical to quality specifications are built in - determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all second quality material and rewrap consistent with standard operating procedures.
- Assist machine operators in start-up, re-start, and shut-down as needed throughout the plant to ensure efficient operations.
- Perform work at Auto Catcher of Pattern Cutter-clearing jams, resetting machine, rotating with other Utility employees.
- Active engagement in the plant's Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts through maintaining 5S standards and area/pillar activities as assigned.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Follow the company waste management program - separate all recyclable material and discard waste into the appropriate containers to ensure sustainability efforts maximized
- Remain actively 100% engaged in all safety initiatives and comply with all plant safety regulations
- Operate powered industrial vehicles – forklift (mono-pedaled experience preferred), scissor lift, floor sweeping equipment
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular onsite attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Utilize a flamed heating device safely for rewrapping seconds materials.
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
- Verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Ability to rotate and work shift work