Blythewood, South Carolina, United States
Blythewood Non-Wovens Production TechnicianJob ID 54760
OC Business Title: Operations Technician
Job Title: Operations Technician
Revision Date: 02/04/2020
Plant: Blythewood NW
The Blythewood NW Production Technician is responsible for ensuring the production line runs efficiently with high product quality standards. Technician is a key contributor to the continuous improvement of critical plant performance metrics in the areas of safety, productivity, cost, quality and sustainability.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Span of Control: None
Shift: Rotating-12 hour shifts (6:45am-7:00pm and 6:45pm-7:00am)
- Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand and meets all safety requirements. Safety is a condition of employment.
- Participates in the safety, quality, and housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs job tasks to reduce environmental impact and adheres to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- Complies with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Performs cleanup duties at equipment areas, workstations, etc.
- Performs core job duties and operates machinery in various production areas
- Performs alternating production activities at various stages in the manufacturing process to ensure that product output is achieved in accordance with quality standards.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process, inputs and outputs (i.e. KMI’s in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and staffing).
- Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment and performance issues to ensure Operating Efficiencies (OE) and Job Efficiencies (JE) are achieved.
- Performs maintenance tasks on equipment to ensure optimal performance and increased uptime.
- Monitors the specific KPI’s/KAI’s required by the job; reacts to upset conditions and escalates when necessary.
- Maintains an uncompromising adherence to 5S standards; keeps the work area and equipment clean.
- Collaborates with team members and participates in team discussions to achieve the goals of the plant.
- Proactively makes suggestions/proposals to strive for continuous improvement of plant performance.
- Assists with the on-boarding of new employees.
- Trains other team members to perform job duties as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform various job roles within the manufacturing process as assigned.
- Provides relief to positions of prior qualification as required.
- Establishes goals, prioritizes and organizes actions, timelines and resources.
- Understands the needs of the customer and takes action to address those needs.
- Acts decisively and shows a strong sense of urgency to ensure follow through of established goals.
- Proactively identifies and participates in learning opportunities, and develops expertise in those areas.
- High School Degree
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Three or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in statistical process control preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient verbal and nonverbal skills
- Must understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must train and coach others
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must operate a computer and the necessary software to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Must secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Must perform well in non-routine work environment
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED TRAINING
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Rotating shifts – days and nights
- Stand for extended prolonged periods
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment