Blythewood, South Carolina, United States
Lead Production Technician-BlythewoodJob ID 59173
The Lead Production Technician is primarily responsible for assisting the shift leaders in executing the daily and long-term operations plan. He or she is responsible for identifying the gaps between the production plan and the ability to efficiently execute this plan, anticipating barriers to achieving production goals, and generating and driving creative solutions to close these gaps. The Lead Production Tech must have a keen understanding of production resource needs– people, tools, materials, etc. He or she will be responsible for working to continuously improve resource use and allocation on shift. The Lead Production Tech will also be responsible for ensuring consistent and timely communication across the shifts.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Span of Control: None
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand and meets all safety requirements.
- Performs job tasks to reduce environmental impact and adheres to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- Complies with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Works to actively identify and act on environmental, health, and safety improvements at the Blythewood Plant.
Cross-Training & Onboarding
- Work with shift leaders to support the development and implementation of onboarding and training plans for new hires as needed
- Support the organization and implementation of the Blythewood Training plan
- Tracking and documentation of cross-training needs/priorities, progress, and skill certifications in each area of the plant.
- Serve as a knowledge resource to help both new-hires and cross-training employees to gain knowledge and skills to expand their area-certifications.
- Continuously identify and drive improvements to Blythewood training procedures.
- Required to certify in every area on the Production line in a timely manner
- Required to train any back-fill needs
Production Prep & Technical Knowledge
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process, inputs and outputs (i.e. KMI’s in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and staffing).
- Make sure available raw materials match the production schedule – anticipate and act to close gaps as needed
- Identify and address OE/JE gaps compared to the production plan
- Create and drive Standard Work adherence across all areas of the plant.
- High School Degree
- Strong understanding of production line
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated interest/involvement in the coaching and training of others
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills, and be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to multi-task and independently prioritize tasks based on business needs.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment and have demonstrated ability to work through and engage others
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must have strong business and process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to operate a computer and the necessary software to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position