Blythewood, South Carolina, United States
Maintenance Technician- Blythewood Non-WovensJob ID 54218
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for executing maintenance work to maintain efficient operations maintain, install, remove, construct, and repair facility and equipment. He or she will be responsible for the upkeep of the facility’s manufacturing equipment and other related physical assets. The maintenance technician is a key contributor to the continuous improvement of critical plant performance metrics in the areas of safety, productivity, cost, quality and sustainability. This position requires skills in electrical and mechanical disciplines, as well as the abilities to work as a team player across all functions and levels of the business.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Span of Control: None
Live the Owens Corning Safety Stand
- Follow all safety rules, procedures, and reporting policies for the plant. Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Take ownership and commit to safety standards each day
- Follow all lockout procedures, safety signs, and documentation.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures concerning handling of chemicals within area of their responsibility.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Promptly report all safety concerns and/or incidents
- Hold teammates accountable for safety standards
Primary Process Responsibilities
- Completes all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Maintains and repairs manufacturing equipment and facilities using knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and other related trades to ensure optimal operation
- Achieves productivity goals and minimizes downtime through completion of preventative maintenance
- Meets committed downtimes and turns equipment over that functions properly
- Performs work tasks from SAP generated work descriptions and orders
- Efficiently troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves mechanical and electrical issues throughout plant.
- Establishes goals, prioritizes and organizes actions, timelines, and resources
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform various job roles within the maintenance department as assigned
- Works with engineering drawings, electrical diagrams, simple and complex sketches, other related documents and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains an uncompromising adherence to 5S standards; keeps the work area and equipment clean.
- Acts decisively and shows a strong sense of urgency to ensure follow through of established goals
- Often work must be conducted from heights or within confined spaces
Collaborate and Foster Teamwork
- Collaborates with team members and participates in team discussions to achieve the goals of the plant.
- Provides maintenance training to relevant stakeholders.
- Assists with the on-boarding of new employees through training practices
- Actively contributes to team collaboration for troubleshooting, even if the collaboration doesn’t lead to the fulfillment of immediate personal interest.
- Utilizes engineering support to solve problems to root cause, and implement actions that prevent reoccurrence.
- Collaborates with internal customers, such as production, to promote team-based problem solving.
Seek Continual Learning, Growth, and Improvement for Self and Team
- Acts decisively and shows a strong sense of urgency to ensure follow through of established goals.
- Exhibits a sense of independence and ownership of projects that is solution focused and innovative
- Actively focuses on achieving results and objectives; willing to go the extra mile when results do not meet expectations
- Obtain skills training to remain updated and ensure knowledge and abilities needed.
- Readily accepts challenges with an optimistic attitude and a can-do approach
- Readily shares knowledge with others to benefit the overall effectiveness of the team
- Proactively makes suggestions/proposals to strive for continuous improvement of plant performance.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM): Work to drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
Autonomous Maintenance (AM):
- Own the equipment on the line in terms of CIL (cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) standards
- Ability to learn troubleshooting methodology such as cause mapping or five why analysis
- Troubleshooting ability to solve tags created regarding abnormalities
Focused Improvement (FI):
- Combines the collective talents of a company to create an engine for continuous improvement
- Provide the methodology and disciplined approaches to be able to identify and eliminate losses through loss tree deployment
Training & Development (T&D):
- Operators develop skills to routinely maintain equipment and identify emerging problems.
- Maintenance personnel learn techniques for proactive and preventative maintenance.
Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE):
- Eliminates potential health and safety risks, resulting in a safer workplace.
- Specifically targets the goal of an accident-free workplace
- High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical and electrical industrial maintenance experience
- Pass hair drug screen prior to employment
- Pass pre-employment health questionnaire (provided by Regional Occupational Nurse)
- Pass background check
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Secondary education in Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, or related field preferred
- Ability to trouble shoot problems control related systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Use basic computer functions (including use of email)
- MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project (preferred)
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must have ability to do mathematical calculations including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Must be comfortable working from heights and in confined spaces
- Must have the ability to operate a fork lift
- Excellent welding abilities, MIG, Stick, and TIG (preferred)
- Excellent safety record and attendance record
- Champion of 5S practices
- Excellent integrity
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and controls aptitude
- Excellent hydraulic troubleshooting, repair, and improvement abilities
- Able to read technical prints and documents
- Ability to write, edit, and evaluate standard work
- Willing to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime