PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Leader is responsible for building a culture with an unconditional stance on safety. The position is accountable to deliver stable and reliable plant operations with a focus on safety, people development, quality, productivity, and cost.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership, training, development and engagement of all maintenance employees. In addition, they must demonstrate a proven track record of leadership and sustained performance associated with plant maintenance programs and operations. Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, driving change and achieving results through employee engagement are required.
Reports to: Brookville Plant Leader and will be a member of the Plant Leadership Team.
Span of Control: The Brookville Plant has approximately 100 employees with one manufacturing line. The Maintenance Leader will lead a team of approximately 15-20 hourly employees.
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
They will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring a safe, clean environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is always a priority.
- Developing risk assessments and safe plans of action for critical tasks
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive to zero incidents
- Training and developing employees to safely perform their jobs
- Participates in work area self-inspections and accident investigations as well as recommends corrective actions to make the workplace safer
- Leads and supports safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries
Development and Execution of Plant Maintenance Strategy
- Safety for an Injury Free Work Environment
- Determining Performance Objectives for the Plant & Maintenance Department
- Ensures maintenance strategy aligns with business strategy and operations plans
- Improvement plans to drive plant operating performance and equipment reliability
- People Strategy including talent development and training
- Maintains maintenance budget including labor, repairs, replacements
- Partners with relevant stakeholders to identify and address process improvement opportunities to eliminate waste, enhance safety, reduce cost, increase capacity and productivity and improve the end product
Directing Maintenance Operations
Will have the responsibility to:
- Continuously improve safety and housekeeping
- Lead the Brookville Maintenance Department to best-in-class safety and machine performance
- Ensure effective deployment of employee/labor relations practices
- Control/Reduce Operating Cost. Identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies, streamline processes and leverage resources in order to reduce cost.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on chronic maintenance issues or repairs
- Execute effective PM and work order programs using predictive and preventive technologies
- Develop and execute TPM & RWP plans
- Have a pulse in day to day operations to understand priorities
- Effectively collaborates and builds strong relationships with production and technical teams
Leading and Developing Talent
- Builds and leads effective teams who are aligned on goals, increase plant performance and work together to win.
- Builds open, trusting environment that promotes listening, respect, winning, and fun.
- Communicates effectively throughout the plant and ensures people have the right information to win.
- Ensure people have the skills and capabilities to be successful.
- Holds people accountable and coaches to high standards and expected performance.
- Effectively staff the organization
- Attract, develop and retain the very best talent
- Invest in the growth and development of identified high potential talent
- Partners with shift resources and other relevant stakeholders to ensure maintenance personnel is well trained and maintains current on any required certifications to perform the full scope of their job expectations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of industrial manufacturing/maintenance assignments and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Able to engage and care for people starting with Safety
- Experience leading Reliability Work Process and Total Productive Maintenance preferred
- Excellent at listening to team, following up on commitments, and building strong teams
- Strong process, engineering and technical abilities
- Business and financial acumen
- Capital project execution
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Never satisfied with current state, always seeking to improve
- High energy and stamina