Brussels, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Senior Product Manager Gypsum Applications EuropeJob ID 60486
About the position
How does it sound to work for a global innovation leader that has a track record of transforming building and construction practices to higher performing, more sustainable materials? To be able to have direct impact on building an industry leading growth platform?
In this role, as Senior Product Manager Gypsum Europe, you will be responsible for leading and expanding the use of GLAS-Powered ™ Nonwoven Veils in gypsum and wallboard applications in Europe. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of one of the fastest growing programs in the company.
What does a typical day for this high impact product role look like? Rarely are two days the same. One day you are partnering with the commercial team to build strategic partnership opportunities with key customers. The next day, you are teaming up with the Science & Technology team working on breakthrough innovation. Followed by leading an executive level review on the growth strategy for the business. This is truly a cross functional product role that touches every function of the business.
What does success look like?
- Leading the product platform to achieve accelerated growth, both top line and bottom.
- Ensure commercial, capital delivery, innovation, and operational initiatives align with the long term growth strategy.
- Be the go-to expert on market, technology, and competitor trends in a dynamic marketplace
- Strengthen the value propostion of the portfolio to ensure a differential competitive advantage
- Achieving an industry leading sustainability position, including reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and enabling a circular economy.
Skills and capabilities necessary to succeed
- A growth mindsight. You are hardwired to think beyond constraints and develop solutions.
- Horizontal leadership skills. You build relationships of trust and bring clarity and leadership to ambiguous circumstances
- An analytical mindset; using data to develop and implement a strategic Product Platform Strategy including new products, processes, and standards to impact our European business results
- Passionate customer champion
- Ability to learn quickly and not afraid to acknowledge blindspots and adjust
- Conducts self with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree
- 10+ years of Sales and / or Marketing experience in an international B2B environment
- Experience in the European building material and / or construction industry is preferred
- Proven ability to shape business strategy and leading strategic planning
- Position is home office based in Western Europe with the ability to travel overnight up to 25% of time.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.