San Vicente de Castellet, Barcelona, Spain
HR ManagerJob ID 54177
A key member of the OC HR talent pipeline, the HR Leader provides functional expertise and leadership at the plant to ensure a highly engaged work force and drive business results.
The Plant HR Leader act as a member of the Plant Leadership team and a business partner to the Plant Leader.
The role includes the development and execution of the Human Capital Strategy to support Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Operations deployment.
Talent assessment and calibration, effective change management and engagement to all levels of the workforce within the facility and acting as a challenging & connecting leader are all skills required for the position.
Additionnally, the HR leader collaborates closely with other functional leaders (HR COE, Safety, TPM, etc) and
REPORTS TO: This position reports to EU HRBP for Manufacturing Excellence, with a dotted line to the Plant Leader.
SPAN OF CONTROL: leads team members to support the successful operation of the plant and involvement in ensuring a safe environment, eliminating waste and working together to solve problems, improve operations and business performance.
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Provide a safe and secure work environment for all employees, contractors and visitors in conjunction with the OC Safety vision to drive Zero recordables injuries
- Ensures a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability
- Lead proactive safe behavior and participation of operators in site Safety programs: Hazard ID, Behavioral Based Safety Observations, AWH (Accidents waiting to happen), Safety yellow tag process and risk identification
- Leads necessary Safety training associated with OSHA, DHEC, OC and other governmental agencies and/or regulations
- Knowing our customers
- Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes
- Successfully influences leaders and all employees to make the best business decisions
- Accountable for the systems that ensure capability and skill required to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Continuous Improvement and Engaged Organization
- Owns business partner relationship with Plant Leader, site Leadership team and employees, fostering positive employee relations. Facilitates balance of challenge and connection with team to grow individual & team capabilities
- A true Organization Designer, demonstrates the skills to develop & implement site-wide Human Capital Strategy, enabling successful execution of plant business strategy
- Drive and consult plant 3-year strategy, partnering with Finance & Operations site, concentration on: growth, product line flexibility, and manufacturing automation to eliminate cost while increasing efficiencies
- Owns and drives the site communication strategy & execution. Assesses effectiveness
- Champion of employee engagement including annual engagement system. Leads annual site survey, data collection, communication, and resulting actions
- Develop and maintain constructive industrial / employee relations
- Ensure that effective reward and recognition systems are in place to attract, retain and motivate employees
- Determine HR KPI’s, follow up and report on trends versus target performance
- HR Functional Excellence
- Accountable to lead all on-site Human Resources functional areas to ensure satisfy near term performance (right people in the right roles) and longer term succession needs to deliver sustainable results:
- talent assessment, calibration and development,
- organization design,
- change management,
- effectively understanding problems and diagnosing root causes,
- implementing innovative solutions
- workforce planning and creating succession pipelines
- Utilize data analytics to influence site labor cost strategy and predict staffing needs within Primary and Salary workforces
- Act as a business partner and coach to the plant leader to ensure optimal organizational design to deliver operational strategy and ensure a pay for performance culture
- Coaches leaders up, down and across the organization with confidence and candor so that they are capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation
- Improving assessment, selection, calibration, development and retention of best talent
- Creating the right work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base
- Leading through effective change management practices
- Assesses team performance and facilitates interventions proactively
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Leverage partnership with functional leaders to maximize performance of the site, lead change and grow talent
- Develop and Share best practices across the business and function, challenge thinking and provide candid and respectfull feedback to operators, peers and leaders
- Identify and understand current and future HR risks (talent shortage, labor relations, legislation change) and pro-actively determine a risk management plan and regularly assess it. Take corrective actions where needed.
- Performs administrative functions for personnel including but not limitative payroll, Employee Central entry, employee records
- Facilitate employee questions, concerns and/or dispute resolution
- Monitors activities and leaders as appropriate to ensure compliance with all statutory regulations, company policies, employee handbook and business code of conduct, to avoid litigation and third party intervention
- As a people leader, develop HR team to future manufacturing HR Leaders within Composites business.
- Training and Development to drive operational excellence
- Owner and champion of the site Training & Development (T&D) TPM pillar. TPM Steering Committee team member ensuring Master Plan execution and JIPM site readiness
- Performs gap analysis, training needs analysis and ensures all site personnel are trained in TPM tools (AM, PM, FI)
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, operations) on training, gap analysis, performance management and talent development
- Influence & support area skills matrix development
- Design and implement continuous learning programs
- Master Degree, Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology/Sociology or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years HR generalist experience in medium - large plant. Previous site HR leader experience required.
- Experience leading direct team
- Proven track record of success in driving engaged organization and change management
- Labor and union management experience
- TPM implementation experience is an advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Change agent: effectively leads change, action and results. Experienced in leading initiatives through periods of significant change such as growth, restructuring or acquisitions. Capable of executing innovative HR programs that help to take the business to the next level of success
- Experience in building a high performance culture that balances results orientation with caring for the individual
- Business Acumen: demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business
- HR Expertise: Current knowledge of best practice for human resources processes, tools including the areas of performance management, compensation, recruiting, talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders
- Labor Relations/Employee Relations: has the ability to coach and mentor employees and leaders through complex employee relations opportunities. Experienced in leading and conducting investigations that mitigates risk for the company and brings resolution for the employee(s)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with people across all levels of the organization
- Coaching skills: Partners with others to assess a situation, create action plans and provide ongoing support to drive increased performance
- Fluent in English
- Leadership Capabilities for growth:
- Ideation: Encourages ideas and future possibilities through candor, open discussion and constructive debate
- Challenge: All encompassing strive to get better and lead
- Evaluation: Understands and frames opportunities that are customer inspired; identifies alternative solutions to address these opportunities, and determines criteria necessary for execution. Uses the evaluative process to build markets and accelerate company success.
- Connection: Collaborates across groups, influences, inspires, and energizes others to engage in learning and achieve shared goals
- Action: Gets results by testing and experimentation; fast pursuit; reflection; and adjustment. Creates systems, structures, and environment to execute with speed