Chambery, Rhone, France
EU Category Manager- IndirectJob ID 56416
The job incumbent will utilize industry information and benchmarking, draw upon the knowledge of the local and global markets, interpret key stakeholder requirements, and leverage actionable data analytics to create category strategies, develop sourcing options and execute sustainable supplier relationships.
A successful candidate will ensure Owens Corning's values and business policies are upheld, whil demonstrating a commitment toward high performance, business acumen, market knowledge and leadership influence. He/ She will work closely with the key stakeholders in Finance, HR, and Marketing, IT & Supply Chain. The successful candidate must have exceptional analytical skills and the initiative to take action. Ability to build the partnership and facilitate change with multiple functions is critical.
Total annual spend to manage in this role is approximately $80MM USD.
Location: Chambéry, France (preferred) and open to Brussels, Belgium or Helsinki, Finland
Travel : international travels (up to 20%)
Span of Control: 0
Strategy and Analytics
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies aligned with Corporate and Business strategies in the region in order to create value and mitigate risks.
- Understand the industries in which key suppliers operate and evolving delivery models and determine ones that best drive results.
- Select, maintain and manage a supply base that is financially sound, technically competent, and strategically aligned.
- Continually seek out and implement new sourcing opportunities to strengthen competitive advantage.
- Drive results and change through personal leadership.
Sourcing and Value Creation
- Manage the procurement of Indirect services including the negotiation and management of contracts and statements of work.
- Employ competitive procurement methodology using formal request for quotation (RFQ) processes in order to best meet stakeholder requirements.
- Provide expertise in contractual terms and conditions. Own the regional standards and templates for contracts.
- Provide sourcing process expertise and become European sourcing standard champion.
- Develop and implement sourcing initiatives that drive cost saving, inventory reduction and risk mitigation.
Strategic Business Relationships
- Develop and establish relationships with internal stakeholders to enable accelerated achievement of business outcomes.
- Develops and executes stakeholder aligned strategy & Delivers defined and agreed upon results
- Sets clear goals and aligns expectations on new initiatives pipeline with broader team
- Demonstrates the behaviors of strategic supplier relationship management
- Demonstrates strategic sourcing expertise, and is knowledgeable on current sourcing management trends
- Understands the strategic direction of the company’s businesses and aligns functional strategies and tactics to support and drive enterprise value
- Develops, leads and communicates the annual operating and strategic plans consistent with near-term EBIT savings, cash improvements, non-financial performance including risk mitigation, and long term strategic requirements.
Strategic Sourcing Expertise
- Builds insights and knowledge of OC's critical suppliers, their businesses and what is necessary for the supplier to be successful
- Develops a deep understanding of the suppliers and markets, as well as, key drivers and influences on those industries and markets. Keeps a forward-looking, long term, view of key trends and activities.
- Leads, manages and oversees the negotiation of contractual relationships
- Shares functional acumen and concepts to assure sound decision making and value creation at every level of the business
- Ensures sourcing strategies are thoughtfully developed and analyzed, leveraging focused insight on the applicable market(s) including but not limited to;
- Regional/local market trends
- Regulatory trends and risks
- Availability in the market
- Supplier/category risk management
- Supplier performance management.
- Value Creation and other relevant business factors
- Manages inflation and savings forecasts in a data driven manner to account for and mitigate short, medium and long-term risks.
- Partners with leaders to create and demonstrate behaviors associated with an inclusive and diverse team.
- Engages in personal development, actively seeks feedback and constructively shares feedback
- Works to connect and collaborate, as applicable, with all functional teams within the EU and global sourcing organization. Strives to strengthen and add value to the Sourcing organization through active participation and knowledge sharing.
Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure adherence to Owens Corning’s established policies and processes.
- Ensure compliance with corporate contracting and Finance controls and processes.
- Lead process changes to accelerate the sourcing cycle, consolidate spending, and minimize transactional work through innovative ideas.
- Become European contract champion insuring compliance into the region and giving support to plant sourcing and commodity leaders
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering or related field of study.
- At least 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing, at least 2 years’ experience participating large global sourcing initiatives and managing internal/external relationships and projects while delivering business results. Experience in sourcing for one or more of the following areas - Corporate functions such as Marketing, Finance, HR and IT is required.
- Demonstrated negotiations skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Project management that drives impact, strong results and leads change.
- Demonstrated strategy development and results in indirect categories
- Experience in Sourcing process standardization and digital tools are plus.
- Has successfully led negotiations for regional/global, multi-year, multi-million-dollar contracts.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in contract negotiations, contract management and contract drafting including specific knowledge of European (EU) laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of finance to facilitate the review of vendor financial statements and the analysis of procurement alternatives, leases and third-party financing proposals.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Operates with integrity
- Ability to interact/collaborate at all levels of the organization & manage change across multiple functions and / or business areas.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and relationship-building skills are necessary to work with a diverse spectrum of suppliers across business segments and across the globe.
- Project management (large projects but also the management of many smaller projects across the region), idea generation.
- Total cost analysis with emphasis on external market influences.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Problem solving and decision making through analytics and data.
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Change agent - Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day project requirements. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Ability to operate and execute effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Results Oriented - Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation and positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job and to delivering outstanding results.
- Strategic Thinker - Forward-thinking and creative individual with the ability to take difficult situations and turn them into positive opportunities.
- Highly Ethical - Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the company, shareholders, and others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity