Chambery, Rhone, France
EU Core Accounts Sales Leader NWSJob ID 57643
The EU Core Account Sales Leader plays a key leadership role for the Commercial EMEA Nonwovens business.
This person has to ensure that the defined sales strategy is executed and delivers the PVM results as defined in
the plan and LRP (long range plan).
A successful Core Account Sales Leader is expected to execute with speed and significant impact on business returns.
The candidate will demonstrate Owens Corning’s values and commitment to high performance. He/She has to lead a team of Core Accounts Nonwovens managers. As such the candidate will develop his/her team & talents that are recognized as high performing and collaborative across the wider organization.
Included with the leadership responsibilities, this individual will support collaboration among Application Engineers/Operation/S&T to effectively execute commercial objectives. The Core Accounts Sales Leader will also play the one point of contact for inside sales team.
This position is based in Europe and will involve traveling up to 50%.
REPORTS TO: This position reports to the EMEA Commercial Director Non Wovens
SPAN OF CONTROL: This position provides leadership and supervision to 5 Core Account Managers. Sales Volumes of 195MSQM (>50% of EU volumes) & Revenues of over 60M$ (>38% of EU Revenues).
Knowing Our Customers
- Leads by demonstrating an intimate business insight and knowledge of NWS EU Core customers, markets & applications, what is necessary for them to be successful, and the differential value that our current and future products, programs and processes deliver to the NWS EU accounts.
- Leads the core accounts market manager team and holds them accountable for building formal & deep understanding of the industry and markets, and an intimate professional/business understanding of the customers’ needs & market dynamics
- Drives results by leading with high expectations his/her team around commercial excellence, sales effectiveness, customer communications, sales skills, negotiation skills, business acumen, teamwork, technical knowledge and strategic thinking to grow with our customers & distribution network
Development of Strategy
- Partners with his/her team, the Commercial Director and others to develop & execute Customers strategies that will ensure the profitable growth and success of our customers and Owens Corning
- Provides insights specific to the sales strategy as input to the overall business strategy and work with strategic marketing to identify & manage successfully market trends.
- Drives the Market managers accountability through performance management and commitment to commercial coaching and development of every team member
- Support the team in the execution of their respective regional sales plan through purposeful collaboration & time, talent & resources management
- Consistently emphasizes commercial productivity and managing the business by the numbers & PVM
- Organizes and inspires the sales organization and other broader business teams that interact with sales and customer service to delivering the strategic objectives and supporting goals
- Communicates with all major customers and be a model for the commercial team so that our customers know our plans, how to position for market conditions, and build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships
- Help the team communicate business strategy and performance to external stakeholders (customers & industry) effectively and engages them in the vision of the business
- Demonstrates ability to design & implement sales programs, with an outside-in perspective, to drive Owens Corning and customer profitability
- Sets expectations that drive collaboration across the business, maintains strong partnerships with key functional teams
- Committed to eliminating waste to drive for process effectiveness
- Metrics include: PVM management, operating margin, sales revenue, forecast accuracy, market share, and achievement of customer action plans
- Drives commercial productivity by creating a dynamic selling environment with high expectations and healthy internal competition
- Develops, communicates and leads annual sales plan consistent with near-term requirements for financial and non-financial performance, and long-term strategic requirements
- Coordinate an integrated sales execution roadmap with the inside sales team
- Drives accountability throughout the sales organization and other broader business teams
- Monitors market data and customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior in collaboration with Commercial Excellence
- Utilizes business and management reviews and continuous commercial oversight to respond to the external conditions and drive business performance
- Leads and manages the forecasting and pricing processes
- Positions talent for maximum impact on results and growth/development
- Establishes clear and appropriate operating authority on critical performance drivers (e.g., pricing, operations/capacity planning, customers satisfaction)
- Committed to eliminating waste in processes driving for commercial process effectiveness
- Establishes clear “tone at the top” related to OC values, safety, business ethics and the law, and financial controls
- Metrics include: organization sales performance to plan and prior year (e.g. pricing), sales performance versus market conditions and competition
Leading and Developing Talent
- Creates an environment where talents are developed through effective coaching, performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people
- Emphasizes commercial leader and individual team member development resulting in building best talent bench strength at all levels
- Effectively creates and fills openings with the appropriate I&D mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance and longer-term succession needs
- Recognizes, assesses and selects top sales talent
- Creates teamwork across the commercial & support functions to maximize the performance of Owens Corning
- Is regarded by employees as a role model for growth, development and conduct
- Metrics include: talent acquisition, succession planning, turnover, employee and survey feedback
- Master’s degree in business, engineering or other related field
- Experience managing customers and relationships with customers
- Participation in the development of strategic plans
- Demonstrated business leadership in sales, including direct people leadership and located remotely
- Strong customer relations with an outside in perspective
- Leading an organization in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions
- Leading and operating in a multi-cultural business across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Increasing margins through aggressive management of price, mix and volume
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Growing a commercial organization organically
- Delivering rapid improvement in an underperforming organization
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talents
- NWS product & application knowledge/experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer savvy and business understanding
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Competitive, highly motivated and results driven, with a strong work ethic
- Creative, uses a wide variety of methods/techniques to solve problems
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability and superior presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs
- Demonstrated ability to develop a functional operating plan
- Ability to build strong business cases
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication
- Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning
- Freely states opinions and feelings, expresses him/her self directly and candidly
- Energetic communicator and leader
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information, recognizes uncertainty of success, weighs and manages risk in decision making
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others, aware of personal impact on others, expresses opinions without offending or creating defensiveness
- Clear understanding of technical concepts and applications, how OC products are used in the customer’s process and applications, applied technical knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Sales Capabilities: minimum required for this position
Customer opportunities and Needs Assessment
Value Selling and Communication
Customer portfolio Management
Service and Support to customers
Contract Management and Negotiation
Margin Enhancement Advocacy
Product Technical Knowledge
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 66 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.