Chambery, Rhone, France
EU Sourcing Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) AnalystJob ID 58997
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The EU Sourcing Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst provides quantitative & qualitative analysis to the leadership of the EU Sourcing organization.
The FP&A Analyst gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for strategic and operating plans along with monthly forecasts. This individual will be responsible to perform monthly financial close activities, consolidate and report the EU financial metrics of the organization through actionable analytics, including (but not limited to): monthly operating results, Value Creation Initiatives (VCI), commodity and business segment gross and net inflation, along with Weighted Days to Pay (WDTP). This will be done through collaboration with the EU Category Leaders along business Financial Leaders.
The FP&A Analyst is an SAP Business Information Warehouse (BI) “Power User” for the organization and is accountable to deploy sustainable and actionable analytics, develop and host training sessions for Sourcing personnel, and is the finance lead on the Global Sourcing Data Governance team.
Reports to: EU Sourcing & Global Composite Sourcing Director
Operations planning and forecasting
• Leads the financial planning and forecasting processes for SG&A, Capital, and Net Inflation for EU Sourcing and associated departments, while ensuring appropriate actions are in place for effective execution. This includes Long Range Planning, Annual Operations Plan and quarterly/monthly forecasts.
• Acts as the liaison between EU Sourcing team and business segment Manufacturing Finance cross all businesses with active involvement in key performance indicators, commodity cost drivers, and process and calendar integration
• Share inflation and productivity guidance with plant controllers and follow-up on any misalignment
• Supports the Global Sourcing Terms improvement initiative as the key liaison with our Supply Chain Finance banking partner, monthly alignment with the category leaders and analytical support for key supplier negotiations
• Forecast accuracy and on time (working/coordinating with Finance & Category leaders)
• Gap analysis performed after reconciliation with Finance teams
Reporting and analytics
• Execute the monthly closing process, in accordance with the corporate calendar while ensuring documentation and SOP’s exist to support consistent execution of month-end close
• Leads the management reporting process and produces the monthly sourcing dashboard and in-depth actionable analysis on variances of actual results as compared to plan, forecast, and prior year
• Provide insights on monthly deviations in collaboration with sourcing team and controllers and propose actions moving forward to improve forecast accuracy.
• Provide objective insights, timely reporting, effective analysis and overall finance support to ensure productive management reviews, financially based decisions, and proactive responses to mitigate risk
• Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance.
• Provides external viewpoints via benchmarking & industry trends as they relate to commodity costs, supplier payment terms, and supplier risk assessment
• Consolidate actual price and consumption data, VCI and M&S inventory data after each month closing
• Be recognized as a trusted advisor to senior leaders and stakeholders through excellence in business case development, data modeling, and scenario planning
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support on cross functional projects and supplier negotiations
• Support to track key measurements to drive Digitalization and Sustainability
• EU Inflation report
• VCI Report
• Working Capital performance
• Takes initiative in analyzing current processes and recommends improvements that drive efficiency
• Collaborate with business manufacturing finance and global sourcing finance teams to improve inflation forecasting tools and drive for improved forecast accuracy.
• Identify & implement solutions for resolving data quality/inconsistency across the EU and Global Sourcing organization
• Conduct data integrity audits to assess compliance with Global Sourcing & Data Governance standards
• Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all FP&A activities with alignment with stakeholders
Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
• Lives the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities
• Works across organizational boundaries at all levels of the company to achieve corporate objectives and financial commitments
• Shares best practices across functional areas and business units, including: process improvements, financial modeling, Business Information (BI), controls, and SAP
• Acts as a resource to non-financial personnel by teaching financial acumen, financial modeling, and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision-making occurs throughout the corporation
Financial and operational controls
• Support the process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
• Support on internal benchmark metrics creation (spend intensity by site by categories)
• Understand the price, consumption and spend by $ data in SAP and BI and update the information in EU Sourcing working file
• EU Sourcing team has the right authority updating Info-record data in SAP after getting request from each sourcing team and getting approvals according to LOA.
• Support EU Category Leaders to manage and update EU critical supplier profile
• Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls and raises all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the EU Sourcing Director.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of finance and analytical acumen with demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
• Progressive financial analysis experience in a manufacturing/corporate environment
• Demonstrated process focused and organized work style
• Functioning in a highly matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
• Experience with SAP and Business Objects or similar systems required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles – understands P&L balance sheet, and cash flow dynamics
• Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impactful terms
• Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs – effectively develops business cases and enrolls leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
• Energetic and resourceful, with strong positive can-do attitude.
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment, where new subject matter is learned and quickly put into practice
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate risks and opportunities and propose and execute practical solutions
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) skills
• Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships across global functions
• Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately
• Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment
Preferred location: Chambery preferred and open to other OC key locations
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.