Chambery, Rhone, France
Internship Applied computer modelingJob ID 59924
At Owens Corning, M/F interns work on high-value projects and we ensure that they receive the support they need to succeed. As an intern in our Science and Technology departments, you will work on innovative projects where you will have the opportunity to develop and utilize your scientific and technical expertise. You will be part of a high-level team and participate in initiatives that are central to Owens Corning's strategy. These initiatives are the research of today and the everyday life of tomorrow and we look to your initiative and expertise to help us achieve our goals.
As an intern in the Advanced Modeling team, your tasks will consist to :
- Develop numerical methods to solve the equations governing the propagation of light through different heterogeneous media.
- Connect with the operational teams to understand the ins and outs of the productions.
- Supervise and manage an experimental campaign in order to recover data to compare and validate model iterations.
In connection with the laboratory, you will start the project which could then lead to a CIFRE thesis. It will mainly consist in the prediction of the visual aspect of OC products.
Profile of the candidate :
Master (Bac + 5) wishing to pursue a CIFRE thesis.
Hard skills :
- Basic programming skills, if possible a public github with some projects to judge the code
- General knowledge in material sciences, optical side (important) but also mechanical (at least some basics)
- Knowledge in numerical methods (finite elements, classical schemes to solve systems of equations)
- Knowledge in numerical rendering methods (Rasterization, Ray-tracing)
- fluent in English
- Scientific curiosity, willingness to understand and not be satisfied with the status quo
Internship duration : 6 months internship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.