Chambery, Rhone, France
Pricing Manager, Composite EUJob ID 58950
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Pricing Manager, Composites
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
The Pricing Manager provides direction and analytics which support the short and long-term price and business strategies for the Composites GR EU business. The position will partner closely with the Commercial team to define and execute pricing strategies enabling higher business performances. The Pricing Manager will collaborate with Strategic Marketing and Sales Leaders to make pricing decisions; ensuring customers are priced competitively within similar and adjacent markets, customer segments, product hierarchy, channels, and with key accounts.
The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in a matrix organization, as this role will regularly interact with sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and pricing operations functions. The individual will work with these functions as needed, via day to day price management, market knowledge management, special projects, price forecasting and demand planning.
This position reports to the Commercial Excellence Leader.
Influence the performance of the business through pricing strategy definition and execution .
• Partner with strategic marketing, finance and commercial teams to develop and refine regional pricing strategies that maximize EBIT while delivering shared goals.
• Responsible for the execution of the Composites pricing strategy.
• Understand and articulate the competitive landscape, various market dynamics, and the potential implications to our price & margin performance.
• Support new business opportunities, while anticipating and considering the competitive reaction to mitigate market disruption.
• Partner with and collaborates with the commercial team to maximize the customer experience through clear price communications and expectations.
• Share knowledge and collaborates with commercial organization on pricing and margin management concepts and methodologies
• Work with the commercial team to help structure competitive programs that maximize the return on investment. Develop and manage customer schemes: rebates, discounts and surcharges (incl. inflation)
Isn’t it the role of the CE leader more than Pricing manager ?Understand new market opportunities and help bring new products to market by proposing an appropriate pricing strategy
Drive execution of pricing & business strategy work.
• Provide insightful competitive & market analytics that contributes driving decision making & scenario planning. Combine field intelligence with trade reports, industry reports, etc.
• Provide insight as to how market dynamics and competitive activity may impact financial results.
• Design and manage monthly price and margin analytics and reporting. Provide insights and recommendations.
• Provide ad hoc analytics and reporting for leadership, which provide visibility to progress towards the business’ goals.
• Apply external perspective and maintain knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers and profit drivers.
• Work closely with Strategic Marketing & Sales leaders to understand our forward and backward-looking market share position.
• Partner with finance colleagues to provide insights into the drivers of price and volume variances to plan and forecast.
• Partner with legal to ensure sufficient and compliant market intel collection and documentation by the sales team.
• Governance and coaching of European Market Intel Channel – an internal collaboration channel.
• Build and manage Market Intelligence dashboards in PowerBI
• Customer market knowledge reports (“Market vision”) =< Is that a pricing vision ?
• Support General Market Assessment process
• Supports End Use market deep dives
Lead across the Company & Business
• Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
• Team with others across the company and business to maximize the performance of the Composites business.
• Act as a resource to our commercial organization, to provide thought leadership to ensure our actions maximize shareholder value.
• Work across organization boundaries and at all levels of the company to achieve the business’ objectives.
• Raise pricing capabilities of the entire teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required. MBA preferred
• 7+ Finance or business related experience. Having worked in price/revenue management highly valued.
• Experience in analyzing market & pricing trends and recommending action based on analytics
• Demonstrated process focus and organized work style
• Experience functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
• Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels to take appropriate action
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
• Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong analytical abilities
• Experience with Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview/Qliksense
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition and the market to drive business decisions
• Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions
• Strong communication skills demonstrated by effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions
• Ability to teach others and get others to offer information and their point of view
• Can successfully form and deliver unpopular messages
• Resourceful and creative
• Thinks Strategically
• Acts on Analytics
• Generate Ideas
• Competitively Drive Results
• Collaborate and Foster Teamwork
• Follow Through on Commitments and Promises
• Inspire and Energize Others
• Engage Self and Others in Learning
• Leadership Presence
• Thrives in Ambiguousness
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.