Chambery, Rhone, France
Product LeaderJob ID 54928
The position is accountable for the Regional Product Platform Leadership for Type30®, one of Composites’ core product platforms. The objective of the position is to provide world-class, integrated product platform management to enable our product leadership position with speed and significant impact on business returns. The incumbent will be a recognized and respected leader that demonstrates Owens Corning’s (OC) values and a commitment to high performance.
Reports to: Product Director, Type30®
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
- Accountable for understanding the markets and segments relevant to the product platform integrating knowledge from external and internal sources at multiple points of the value chain to provide a single view of the platform for the Composites organization.
- Accountable for understanding the current and future competitive product offerings, partnering with Market Intelligence, Commercial Excellence and business commercial teams, to ensure OC products offer un-paralleled value and performance.
- Receives, interprets and develops recommended action plans related to market data and incorporates customer insights from the business team key considerations to segment and product strategy.
- Defines what products we need to develop to meet current and future needs of our customer segments and markets and translates this into complete integrated programs that the Composites organization can execute.
- Defines how we position our current and future products in the markets and applications we serve to maximize the value created for OC. This includes understanding how we position with our customers and differentiate ourselves against competition. Also responsible to recommend our price position and our position on contract strategy with respect to taking a long or short term approach based on market conditions.
- Lead development and publish consolidated view of the market environment and competitive structure within the product platform, resulting in development of recommended actions to deliver business plan.
- Number of development programs defined and resourced versus product line gap analysis.
- Delivers strong segment strategy and product portfolio across the platform and within markets as measured by market share and customer survey responses for market innovation.
Responsibility 2: Drives integrated approach in key platforms and leads multi-functional team that supports the delivery of the defined and agreed segment and product strategy
- Using the defined market understanding, customer’s needs and product positioning, the Product Manager works closely with business & functional leaders to understand the overall business objectives and then develops and leads a process to gain alignment on an appropriate segment and product strategy to meet the goals of Composites. Leads communication and coordination across the entire business for key platforms.
- Leads cross-functional team comprised of Marketing, Finance, Commercial, R&D, Operations and Supply chain to drive a strategy to deliver product leadership in the platform.
- Provides direction and training to commercial functions to deliver the strategy.
- Lead development of segment and product strategy and socialize with key stakeholders.
- Reduced “waste” within the organization from alignment on segment / product / customer strategy, as measured by market share, gross margin and/or Composites customer survey.
- Increase in product leadership position (leadership, benchmark, follower) for key product platforms.
Responsibility 3: Develops the strategy and plan, including tools and methodology, to identify impactful value proposition to realize strong margin for new and existing products and services with our Key Accounts and Distributors.
- Leads the development of a methodology (TEA) based on actual characterization (customer mimics) to clearly define the “value creators” for our customers.
- Translates TEA analysis on how Composites customers make money to the value that our products deliver to the customer, incorporating price rationalization.
- Leads the development of concise and compelling value propositions for the Composites product portfolio.
- Supports creation of pricing guidelines across the platform/regions.
- Total / trends in financial performance of product platform, e.g. gross margin, EBIT
- Pricing delta for Composites products versus competitors in key segments / markets
- Increase in OC market share for key product platforms across the regions and businesses.
Responsibility 4: Drives decisions and alignment associated with the integrated product pipeline and project prioritization to ensure portfolio delivers against strategic pillars of Key Account Management and Distribution.
- Leads development and consolidates input from the Sales & S&T partner to create a complete demand mapping and value chain analysis for their products.
- Understands the financial and operational implications of their products and how their segment and product strategy impacts the broader product leadership strategy for Composites.
- Prioritizes the activities within the regional product platform to align and support delivery of overall business objectives.
- Utilizes portfolio management systems and leverages cross-function team meetings to provide continuous oversight on product platform and respond to changing external conditions to drive product platform performance.
- Leads development and publication of consolidated view of the market environment and competitive structure within the product platform, delivering business objectives as measured by market share, product launch financials and EBIT.
- Delivers prioritized development program as defined by customer input and business case development.
- Provides performance metrics on platform results versus targets and leads countermeasures, as needed, to remain on track.
Responsibility 5: Define and lead platform opportunities in development process from inception to launch utilizing the formal StageGate process.
- Based on the segment & product strategy, defines and leads a technology & process roadmap related to the product platform with appropriate teams to ensure delivery of a product leadership position for the platform.
- Lead work in partnership with S&T team to plan and drive the competency development and portfolio to deliver the platform goals.
- Lead new product initiatives through New Product Development (NPD) Product Review Board (PRB) including the accurate representation of the business cases in the Velocity tool to enable Composites -wide portfolio optimization.
- Lead product launch process on integrated projects including value proposition, training to sales.
- Leverage the new product process to create a continuous flow of ideas into the product development funnel, ensuring selected projects are prioritized and resourced to deliver business case objectives and financials.
- Delivers impactful product & process roadmap, as measured by market share and key financial targets.
- Leads development of business case to ensure resources are allocated to the platform for product development.
- Leads key projects through PRB process effectively and efficiently, reducing the average “dwell time” for the major projects.
- Delivers planned EBIT generated from new product launch process, as identified in business case.
- An undergraduate degree is required (technical degree preferred); an MBA or equivalent working experience is strongly preferred.
- Effective planning and execution of communications for internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and marketing programs and pipelines that deliver quantifiable financial returns
- 10+ years of Sales or Marketing experience in B2B environment
- Experience in both a marketing role and a technical role
- Proven ability formulating global marketing strategies
- Experience working in matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers with accountability across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Experience in shaping business strategy and leading strategic planning with best in class analytical tools
- Experience in translating marketing trends into marketing product strategies based upon trend analyses and feedback
- Experience with cross-functional teams. Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to Influence and Lead – Must be able to exert influence and leadership across the organization while holding little formal authority.
- Conflict Management – Is comfortable managing conflicting points of view. Has the ability to make and communicate the tough decision to all affected parties.
- Resilience and tolerance for ambiguity – Must be able to make difficult decisions and pursue ambitious goals with limited resources and imperfect information.
- Critical Thinking: Reduce complex problems down to their most simple core and effectively resolve them. Develop a compelling strategic vision and to integrate others’ ideas into your own, especially when ideas are in conflict.
- Leadership - Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Alignment and Decision Making - Shows good, independent judgment. Involves the appropriate individuals in the discussion but ultimately owns decisions and commits to a course of action.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Positively influence the activity of others, both internal and external, toward the attainment of business goals. Includes active listening, ability to coach and mentor others (including non-subordinate colleagues). Demonstrated success as a member of a business team and can effectively deal with conflict.
- Planning/Organizing: Can focus on key business priorities and translate this focus into productive results by clarifying goals and roles of the team and individuals that will work on the project. Track record of successful project management and productive use of the available resources.
- Communication: Clearly and concisely conveys information, both written and verbal. Shares information, perspective and ideas openly with all levels of the organization, without invitation, and early enough to avoid crises.
- Technical: Able to understand technology and industry applications and how to apply it effectively to meet customer needs in a business context
À propos d'Owens Corning
Owens Corning est un leader mondial dans les domaines de l'isolation, de la toiture et de la fibre de verre pour les matériaux composites. Ses produits d'isolation permettent d'économiser de l'énergie et améliorent l'acoustique, la résistance au feu et la qualité de l'air des espaces de vie, de travail et de loisirs. Ses produits et systèmes de toiture améliorent l'aspect extérieur et protègent aussi bien les maisons que les bâtiments commerciaux. Sa fibre de verre pour les matériaux composites renforce la légèreté, la solidité et la durabilité de milliers de produits. Owens Corning fournit des produits et des solutions innovantes qui apportent une différence significative à ses clients et, au final, rendent le monde meilleur. L’entreprise a une portée mondiale avec des activités dans 33 pays. Elle est également à taille humaine, avec 20 000 employés qui cultivent localement des relations durables avec les clients. Basée à Toledo, dans l’Ohio aux États-Unis, la société a réalisé en 2018 un chiffre d'affaires de 7,1 milliards de dollars. Fondée en 1938, elle figure sur la liste Fortune 500® depuis 64 ans. Pour en savoir plus, rendez-vous sur www.owenscorning.com.