Chambery, Rhone, France
SAP Functional Lead-EU Transportation MGT & Logistics ANY EU LOCATIONJob ID 55746
SAP Functional Lead – Europe Transportation Management and Logistics
Location: Europe – Any OC EU Locations
Reports to: GIS Europe Applications & Operation Leader
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune 500 company for 56 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability through delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass fiber technology with sales of $5 billion in 2010 and 15, 000 employees in 28 countries on five continents.
Owens Corning is a company with an unwavering commitment to delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. It‘s who we are. We do it by fully engaging our employees in support of growing our customer’s businesses. And when we do, we grow ours as well.
Owens Corning has centralized and combined its Information Systems (IS) organization to support its growing global business needs. The IS organization leverages people, process and technology resources to develop solutions, eliminate waste, and deliver value for our customers and suppliers. Major technology suppliers include Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Aspentech and Oracle.
The people of the IS organization make a difference through their project management, process expertise, technology skills, and problem solving capabilities. We provide challenging opportunities for our people to learn, grow, and be successful. We practice safety first in every respect and enroll others in this positive behavior.
The SAP Functional Lead – Europe Transportation Management and Logistics is responsible for providing functional, process, and technical consultation to business units, IS organization, and our strategic partners leveraging multiple SAP and other 3rd party technologies to support our world-class, global supply chain operations. Specifically leveraging SAP TM/EM, SAP ECC, and other integrated platforms to enable our logistics operations for EU domestic transportation moves as well as global import and export. This role will participate in small and large projects with our business partners, as well as operational and continuous improvement engagements to ensure we are getting maximum leverage from our technology solutions.
- Review and analyze transportation and logistics processes for fit-gap, and recommendations of process or technical solutions for domestic, international, and global scenarios for all business units
- Lead logistics blueprinting sessions with a cross-functional business and IT team
- Develop and participate in integrated testing cycles for transportation and other logistics functions
- Design and review functional specifications (RICEFW) related to transportation and logistics applications within SAP TM/EM, SAP ECC, and other integrated solutions
- Strong data analytics and skills for transportation data – lanes rates, etc.
- Review and recommendation of configuration of Event Management in SAP TM to solve business needs
- Review and recommend configuration and enhancements of SAP TM Collaboration portal to solve business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Computer Science
- Business experience in Transportation and Logistics organizations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within Information Technology industry
- Minimum of 3 years experience with SAP technologies including TM 8.0 (or greater) and ECC 6.0
- Technical development skills within Transportation Management 8.0 and greater
- Functional and process knowledge in Supply Chain and Logistics in a building materials industry
- Prior SAP/ECC.6.0 and TM 8.0 and greater deployment experience in all phases of the ASAP methodology including transportation master data conversion
- Proven ability to identify, own, and prioritize tasks to meet project milestones
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver results in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong organization and communication skills with project teams and key stakeholders
- Prior experience with SAP TM Event Manager preferred
- Prior experience with SAP Cloud Applications and S4 HANA preferred
- Functional knowledge of SAP ABAP preferred
- Consultative: Conveys optimism and enthusiasm. Instills hope and motivates others through focus and energy. Involves others, leverages talents and rewards and recognizes both big and small accomplishments and achievements. Stays aware of the needs of the team and promotes openness and approachability.
- Engage self and others in Learning : Demonstrates a willingness to participate in learning experiences, even those outside one’s comfort zone; Sets an example of self-learning by asking for feedback from team members, Establishes an environment in which exploring differences in views and perspectives and sharing information and ideas is encouraged to leverage diversity of knowledge and experience.
- Communication: Explores different views, opinions and perspectives and shares insights with others. Encourages and supports open communication.
- Change Agent: Educates, coaches and challenges self, direct reports and others to help them achieve their maximum potential. Supports and takes ownership over growth and development opportunities. Actively and decisively reinforces what people do well and re-directs when mistakes occur. Turns errors into developmental opportunities. Generates actions and leverages resources that result in retention of talented employees.
- Teamwork: Partners with people both within and outside the immediate work team to generate ideas, solve problems, and garner different perspectives. Builds cooperation and commitment to establish and achieve mutually determined plans and decisions. Communicates to ensure clarity around goals, objectives, and expectations. Celebrates team success.