Columbus, Ohio, United States
Sales LeaderJob ID 53767
The Eastern US Sales Leader (ESL) is accountable to drive profitable top line growth by emphasizing teamwork and accountability from the customer back across all our business transactions.
Reports to: Director of Sales, NATI Mechanical
Span of Control: Leads a team of Area Sales Managers
Lead and Develop Sales Talent
You are the leader of your team and responsible for setting the expectations and accountability to deliver organic growth consistent with the investments made in our NATI business. Through the development of specific individual performance objectives, quarterly measurement of progress to stated team goals and articulation and execution of strategy, you will create and lead a best in class team.
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance managements, talent evaluation and utilization of people. This is a high touch leadership position and evaluating individual strengths and coaching to close talent gaps is critical.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct reports and other identified talent in the organization. Engaged in personal development.
- Attracts, develops and retains best sales talent.
Know the Customers-Sales Leadership from the Customer Back
- The ESL will evaluate distribution placement by MSA, identify markets in need of distribution expansion, markets where our desired share position requires corrective action and work with the team to achieve our desired share goals within the Eastern US.
- Manage distribution expansion while mitigating channel conflict.
- The ESL will understand our customer’s business strategies: Commercial, Industrial, Marine, Fabrication, OEM – and match our product portfolio, project knowledge and service platform to become the desired manufacturing partner capturing an expanding share of wallet as the leader across industries.
Clearly Communicate and Execute the Mechanical Strategy
The Eastern US Sales Leader works with the Director, to develop sales and marketing strategy that will ensure the profitable growth and success of our customers and Owens Corning. In addition to ensuring team alignment in understanding what is necessary to execute on the mechanical strategy, the ESL will work cross functionally with manufacturing, marketing, supply chain, product management, science and technology to ensure internal alignment towards external objectives.
Sales Strategy Execution
- The ESL is responsible to drive the Mechanical sales organization accountability through performance management and commitment to sales coaching and development of every sales team member.
- Emphasizes continually, sales productivity and managing the business by the numbers.
- Organizes and inspires the sales organization and other broader business teams which interact with sales to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals.
- Communicates with all major customers and models behavior for the sales team so that our customers know our strategic plans, how to position for market conditions, and build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to design selling programs, with an outside-in perspective, to drive Owens Corning and customer profitability.
- Works with the Director & Vice President to ensure all selling initiatives and strategy are cost effective and lead the sales organization around managing costs to plan.
- Demand Forecasting-owns the Eastern US Sales forecast by product, by month, quarter and annually
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Proven to have successfully led sales, marketing or business teams
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Building strong customer relations
- Leading an organization in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions
- Operating across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Increasing margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers
- Growing a sales organization organically
- Delivering rapid improvement in an underperforming organization
- Participating in the development of strategic plans
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent; developing and growing talent, growth and development
- Leading teams who are located remotely
- Understanding impacts of and influencing codes / public policy for future business growth
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs
Demonstrated ability to develop a functional operating plan
- Demonstrated ability to increase margins
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.