Compton, California, United States
Storeroom ClerkJob ID 54095
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for managing the receiving of parts and other non-inventory material into the storage room and recording receipts into SAP. This includes overseeing all spare parts inventories, free bins and ensuring that deliveries are received and distributed timely and accurately. The Storeroom Clerk is a key contributor to the continuous improvements of critical plant performance metrics in the areas of safety, productivity, cost, quality and sustainability. This role is essential to the successful operations of the Compton Roofing and Asphalt site. The Storeroom Clerk is an hourly position reporting to Maintenance Supervisor.
• Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand and meets all safety requirements. Safety is a condition of employment.
• Participates in the safety, quality, TPM and housekeeping programs as established within the plant; including but not limited to Focused Improvement Events, Safety Committee, etc.
• Performs job tasks to reduce environmental impact and adheres to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
• Complies with all plant rules and safety regulations.
• Performs cleanup duties at workstations, etc.
• Partners closely with team members to ensure accuracy of spare parts and kitting area and supports daily activity to include down days.
• Maintains accurate control of parts movement on a daily basis.
• Maintains accurate record keeping for kiting and parts storage.
• Inspects received materials or parts against requested materials including parts kitted.
• Ensures proper completion of delivery paperwork and material receipt.
• Notifies the buyer on received materials and parts on a daily basis and partners closely to ensure accuracy.
• Labels parts with SAP code and other relavant information per our labeling protocol.
• Distributes parts and supplies to designated areas.
• Performs cycle counts as needed.
• Monitors goods movement.
• Posts goods receipts and post partial goods receipts.
• Demonstrates flexibility to changing priorities as business needs dictate.
• Establishes goals, prioritizes and organizes actions, timelines and resources.
• Understands the needs of the customer and takes action to address those needs.
• Acts decisively and shows a strong sense of urgency to ensure follow through of established goals.
• Identifies and participates proactively in learning opportunities, and develops expertise in those areas.
• Ensures standard operating procedures and processes are in place.
• Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of this position, as directed by the area leader.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• One or more year of relevant work experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
• Proficiency in SAP strongly preferred.
• Must be able to operate a forklift.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must read, write and speak English
• Must understand verbal and written instructions
• Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
• Must multi-task
• Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be self-motivated to work independently and in a group, and meet targets
• Must perform basic mathematical calculations
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Must train and coach others
• Must have strong process acumen
• Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
• Must operate necessary software to successfully perform job responsibilities
• Must be able to think and work under pressure and analyze information to identify solutions
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.