Dallas, North Carolina, United States
Applications Engineer - InteriorsJob ID 54246
The Application Engineer is responsible for turning knowledge into value for OC and our customers. As the primary technical partner, this position is critical in establishing strong relationships with customer’s technical and operations staff. A successful candidate builds broad and deep understanding of customer’s processes and applications in order to facilitate product needs (FFU) documentation, while translating useful intel back to OC sales/operations teams. The Application engineer makes product and project recommendations based on customer needs and market trends development. The Application Engineer helps develop/support strategies to drive profitable and sustainable growth in the North America (NA) market. This position is accountable for contributing to our business growth by providing value-added support, analysis, and collaboration both internally and externally. The position is based in Gastonia, NC and requires travel estimated at 40%.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Generates differentiated value to our customers
- Primary customer facing technical expert representing Owens Corning NA Nonwovens and our products.
- Builds broad and deep understand of customer’s processes and the application of OC Non wovens veil to facilitate product needs documentation (FFU).
- Develops strong understanding of customer Management of Change systems to facilitate efficient product qualification processes.
Acts as Voice of the Customer
- Communicates critical information back to internal colleagues and OC leadership.
- Leverages industry/customer knowledge to develop product strategies with commercial team
- Partners with Operations and corporate R&D resources to develop and execute product trials
Establishes and utilizes internal network
- Leads cross functional teams to optimize product technology offerings
- Develops strong internal relationships with strategic marketing, operations, supply chain, commercial excellence to act as liaison between customer facing and internal functions
- Documents key customer findings and distributes to colleagues via the CRM communication tool.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Engineering or related technical field
- Preferred 7+ years industry experience (5+ years with advanced degree), preferably in Nonwovens, Pulp and Paper, Building Construction Materials, or similar markets.
- Experience representing a large organization in customer-facing environment.
- Experience operating in a multi-cultural business across geographic boundaries
- Exposure to marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven Project Management track record
- Ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and market intelligence
- Competitive, highly motivated and results driven with a strong work ethic
- Creative, uses a wide variety of methods/techniques to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Ability to travel routinely, at times on short notice.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.