Dallas, North Carolina, United States
Continuous Improvement LeaderJob ID 53656
The Non-Wovens Productivity Leader will have responsibility for spearheading productivity improvements across all Non-Wovens plants globally, with an initial focus in North America. They will drive internal and external benchmarking, leveraging results to drive improvements in all facilities.
In collaboration with Plant Leaders, this Leader will be accountable for achieving the productivity goals of the business. This leader will follow corporate standards and leverage project management methodology built on industry best practices. Efficient management of resources, internal or external of the organization, collaboration and integration with other involved entities, and clear and precise communication to stakeholders are key requirements.
Foundational skills include project management methodology, a good understanding of the different technologies included in the NW infrastructure and application landscape, the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, the ability to direct resources on-shore or off-shore and strong collaboration and communication skills.
The Productivity Leader will work closely with Plant Managers, Commercial Leaders, Technical Leaders, Capital Delivery Teams, and key functional personnel in Finance, Supply Chain, EHS and HR. The Non-Wovens business is part of the Owens Corning Composites Business Unit.
Reports to: COE Leader, Global Non-Wovens
Span of Control:
This is a senior level individual contributor role
- Effective internal and external benchmarking
- Rapid and sustained achievement of productivity improvements
- Lead/drive key productivity projects in the global business
- Leads with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations, in line with division and corporate goals; proactively analyzes and manages relative performance metrics
- Ensures appropriate resources to business strategy and deliverables.
- Demonstrated change agent who can lead strategic transformation.
- Ensures alignment with functional leadership (e.g., finance, safety, human resources) on performance management and talent development
- Master’s Degree preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference on engineering, business, or related majors
- Type of role
- Engineering, technical background preferred
- Project Management
- 5-7 years of experience in plant or COE leadership roles
- Exposure to cross-functional team leadership
- Type of Industry
- Paper and pulp
- Bulk industries
Knowledge and Skills:
- Act as an organizational steward with integrity and high ethical standards
- Collaborates and fosters teamwork
- Competitively drives results
- Follows through on commitments
- Allocates necessary resources
- Actively listens
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Models curiosity and growth mindset
- Challenges the status quo
- Generates ideas through diverse thought
- Works from an outside in perspective
- Effective with verbal and written communication
- Business and financial acumen
- Mindset of creating value for the customer
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.