Denver, Colorado, United States
Auto Catcher AttendantJob ID 54388
Job Title: Auto-Catcher Technician
Reports to: Team Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Auto-Catcher Technician is to oversee the packaging part of the shingle operation. To monitor the catcher boxes for jams, clear jams when they occur and help to re-lace and restart the line as needed. Additionally, to do quality checks and First Article Inspections on the product including dimensions and appearance to ensure it meets product specifications. To fully participate in TPM team activities and responsibilities.
- Verify and confirm that all shingles are in the appropriate specifications
- Ensure bundles are stacked properly as they exit the autocatchers
- Remove all 2nds shingles from the production line
- Make sure granule buildup is not failing onto bundles
- Removes splices from the material as dictated by standard operating procedures.
- Complete all First Article and Quality Checks/Inspections
- Clear jams as safely and quick as possible
- Contributes in root cause analysis to identify what causes jams
- Stack seconds neatly on seconds pallet
- Assist with Front End breaks
- Participate in TPM overview and training to understand TPM as it relates to the Auto-Catcher Technician role
- Daily CILs done during each shift
- Create and share One Point Lessons (OPLs)
- Helps identify any problems leading to scrap or seconds
- Assist Cutter Tech and work as a team with other Front-End personnel to keep entire Front-End running smoothly
- Notify Team Leaders of equipment problems work order or Red and Blue Tags
- Follow up on work orders and Red and Blue Tags
- Use down time to clean and organize Front-End area
- As needed, assist Wrapper Operator
- LTT (Lock-Tag-Try) responsibilities for Auto-Catcher area
- Keep work area clean to make process as efficient as possible
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to supervisor
- Complete BBS, Pink cards, safety inspections, and hazard hunts
- Participate in TPM activities that are conducted by the Equipment Team supporting the Team’s goals for each area of expectation on your shift
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on- the- job injury when it occurs
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations, and maintain a clean working area
- Regular attendance on site and be able to rotate to varying shifts
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILTIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Accountability and ownership for actions
- Able to think under pressure and have quick decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment or by oneself
- Able to communicate in English
- Ability to read tape measure and possess basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division etc.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand the steps of TPM: Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 as associated with the Auto-Catcher role
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPETENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard functions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Manufacturing experience (preferred)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to stand 10-12 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 40lbs more than 100 times per day
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.