Denver, Colorado, United States
Auto Catcher AttendantJob ID 54765
Owens Corning Production Operators are responsible for a variety of duties on our manufacturing floor. A key component of Owens Corning success, the Denver Roofing plant has been making roofing shingles for over 50 years. This job can open the door to career opportunities with Owens Corning Roofing & Asphalt.
We are open 24 hours a day, which means you may not have a typical schedule. As a Full-Time team member, you would work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the following week.After 90 days, you are eligible to receive full company benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, vacation days, wellness incentives and much more.On day 1, you will have an opportunity to earn towards quarterly incentives. Full-Time work schedules may include overtime hours.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a manufacturing environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% - 95% of your shift. It also gets loud. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature in our manufacturing plant is limited. Indoor plant working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the course of the workday:
- Setting up raw material along the line
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the shingle machine
- Clearing jams
- Inspecting the quality of finished product
Whether you are experienced or just starting your manufacturing career, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Available to work nights, weekends and holidays
- You can stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You can repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
Here is an idea of what we are looking for:
- Motivation to learn and advance as an Owens Corning employee
- Communication: you will interact with coordinators, peers, managers, and team leads about issues, downtime and breaks because communication is essential for a successful day.
- Flexibility: we look out for one another on the plant floor by being flexible when we must tackle production schedule changes, environmental changes, and sudden work schedule changes.
- Safety Focus: we wear safety equipment, follow current good manufacturing practices, communicate safety issues and concerns. We believe that safety is everyone's responsibility.
Please provide a resume and employment history with your application to be considered
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com. A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.