Denver, Colorado, United States
Mechanic 3rd Class TADJob ID 53965
Asphalt Maintenance Mechanic
Owens Corning Denver is looking for a motivated employee to work within the Maintenance team at our Asphalt Plant. As a member of the Maintenance team at our facility, you will be responsible for:
- Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding; lathe and mill operation.
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Installs, modifies or maintains plant equipment
- Maintaining a safe workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work varied schedule, including on-call
- 5+ years production maintenance experience required
- Ability wo work in hot and cold weather conditions
- Work outdoors 90 percent of the time
- Ability to work from heights
- On call as needed including weekends
The ideal candidate would have:
- Motivation to learn and advance as an Owens Corning employee
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Electrical background
- CMMS experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision after 90 days of employment
- Wellness incentives
- Shift differentials (night shifts)
- Opportunities for quarterly incentives
- Life insurance
- Market leading 401(k) plans
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.