Denver, Colorado, United States
Mechanic Third ClassJob ID 54042
Owens Corning Denver is looking for a motivated employee to work within the Maintenance team at our Roofing Plant. As a member of the Maintenance team at our facility, you will be responsible for:
- Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
- Energy Control Procedures (ECP's) and Lock Tag Try (LTT) system.
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding; lathe and mill operation.
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Installs, modifies or maintains plant equipment
- Maintaining a safe workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts
- Ability to work nights
- Familiar with drives, pumps, valves gearboxes, sensors etc
- 5+ years production maintenance experience required
The ideal candidate would have:
- Motivation to learn and advance as an Owens Corning employee
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Electrical background
Compensation and Benefits:
- $2000 Sign on bonus
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision after 90 days of employment
- Wellness incentives
- Shift differentials (night shifts)
- Opportunities for quarterly incentives
- Life insurance
- Market leading 401(k) plans
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.