Duncan, South Carolina, United States
MachinistJob ID 59241
The Spinner Technician is a salary (non-exempt) position, and reports to the Operations Leader. The employee is the operations specialist in the Spinner work cell. The employee is accountable to setup and run the Electron Beam drilling machines, Haas CNC Lathe, Coating machine, File Brush machine, Haas CNC Stripping machine, and the Spinner Balance stand. The operator is responsible for meeting the quality requirements for all parts ran on these machines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all Owens Corning safety policies and procedures.
- Operate the machinery to perform all operation sequences to produce spinners.
- Ability to setup each machine to manufacture all parts in the Spinner family of products.
- Inspect parts, at each sequence, to ensure part quality requirements.
- Maintain part identification throughout the process.
- Keep machines running at a level that meets scheduled production demands
- Enter time and production of all parts produced in Global Shop on a daily basis
- Maintains clean and orderly housekeeping in all assigned areas; following all Owens Corning safety practices.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the Operations Leader.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have the ability to do intermediate mathematical calculations
- Must have print reading and interpretation skills
- Must be able to inspect parts using various precision measuring instruments with accuracy
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Global Shop software
- Microsoft Office
- Learn and develop competency in other specialized software
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-5 years in an industrial production environment (CNC experience a plus)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site
- Moving up to 50 pounds - periodically
- Standing- frequently
- Walking – frequently
- Hand/Eye coordination- continuously
- Hand dexterity to operate crane pendants and CNC controls
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.