Duncan, South Carolina, United States
Plant ControllerJob ID 54284
1. Operations Planning
- Participates in the development of operational objectives for the plants that are aligned to Corporate and Division strategic objectives.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure optimal facility financial results and shareholder value.
2. Financial and Operational Controls
- Ensures the internal controls environment is operating effectively in all areas including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Coaches Ridgeview Plant NLT to ensure that accountability for internal controls and security is clear, shared across the leadership team and procedures documented.
- Leads the internal controls continuous sign off process and works with plant NLT to modify procedures for changes in policy.
- Drives a robust representation letter process and provides assurance and visibility to the internal control environment.
- Owns the representation as well as the financial return on plant assets.
3. Reporting and analysis
- Leads financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Prepares and delivers the plant financial forecasts and projections, ensuring accountability and transparency is shared across the Plant NLT.
- Leads the plant’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team and Division Manufacturing Finance Team.
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast.
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning.
- Plant champion for the primary Variable Incentive Plan (VIP), responsible for leading annual plan development, calculating results, reporting status towards goals to employees and delivering results to HR for quarterly payouts.
4. Plant Productivity Improvement
- Total Productive Maintanance (TPM): is fully engaged in TPM and is leading TPM cost deployment. Educates the plant of the “zero loss” financial impact across the “18 Losses”. Ensures execution of targets set through the Cost Deployment Process including identifying losses, evaluating costs, defining actions and priorities to eliminate loss, and verifying results. Puts in place a structured process to track and communicate results.
- Leads actions in line with achieving annual targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs.
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement, and corrective actions to ensure facility optimal financial results and shareholder value.
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making.
- Provides investment analysis.
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics.
5. Plant processes and administrative leadership
- Leads non-financial plant administrative processes such as planning, warehouse, shipping, and receiving.
- Assigns resources and provides support and direction as needed.
6. Cross-functional leadership and team contribution
- Works across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives.
- Shares best practices across the division including process improvements, financial modeling and procedural changes.
- Aligns teams and resources in order to solve problems and drive results.
7. Leading and developing talent
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance.
- Grows and develops the strategic finance skill set of direct reports.
- Ensures succession plans are in place and executed.
8. Leadership for the oversight and accountability of plant security
- Ensures the coordination, delegation and successful completion of site security functions, included but not limited to: Managing/implementing OC Security Standards, quarterly assessment of security equipment, security capital project management, incident investigation coordination (contact for local authorities, communication with WHQ), talent management of security guards, site contact for security audits and visits, and monitor completion of WHQ required training.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline a must.
- Providing leadership to teams within a manufacturing operation(s)—leading operations planning, driving productivity, forecasting and investment analysis.
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Negotiating, developing and evaluating customer and supplier contracts.
- MBA, CMA, CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated high growth in previous roles.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent—growing talent and succession planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles. Understands income statement, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impactful terms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs including development of business cases and enrollment of leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level. Has a bias for proactive action.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Passionate, charismatic personality; articulate, approachable, collaborative and friendly.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment and does not allow feelings or biases to distract reasoning. #LI-KJ1