Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Production EntryJob ID 54951
Job Description- Shift Production/Machine Operator (12 Hr Shift Work)
Best known for its corporate symbol of the Pink Panther and a Fortune 500 company for more than 50 years, Owens Corning produces various building products for residential and commercial markets. We are currently seeking safety-oriented Packaging Line Attendants for our Edmonton fiberglass insulation plant.
Starting as a Packaging Attendant, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a manner that ensures your safety and the safety of others around you.
- Operating high speed product packaging equipment in a world class manufacturing facility.
- Playing an integral role in quality control through visual inspection.
- Developing your skills as you move through our lines of progression system into increasingly more challenging roles.
What we offer:
- Starting rate of $22.72/hour (subject to change) plus applicable shift premium as defined in our Collective Agreement. Rate increases to $27.29 /hour plus shift premium after one year of employment.
- Full family benefits.
- Various lines of progression and opportunity for advancement.
- An opportunity to join an outstanding manufacturing organization.
What we require:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current safety training will be an asset
- Pre-employment baseline medical evaluation
- Pre-employment background check.
- Shift schedule is 7 days on, 7 off and 7 nights on, 7 off. All shifts are 12 hours.
Why work at Owens Corning?
At Owens Corning, we believe our competitive advantage lies in the strength and talents of our employees.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive base salaries
- Competitive Benefits and Company Pension
*Please note that our facility is not on a bus route.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 65 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.