Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Production EntryJob ID 55422
Job Description- Shift Production/Machine Operator (12 Hr Shift Work)
Best known for its corporate symbol of the Pink Panther and a Fortune 500 company for more than 50 years, Owens Corning produces various building products for residential and commercial markets. We are currently seeking safety-oriented Packaging Line Attendants for our Edmonton fiberglass insulation plant.
Starting as a Packaging Attendant, you will be responsible for:
- Working in a manner that ensures your safety and the safety of others around you.
- Operating high speed product packaging equipment in a world class manufacturing facility.
- Playing an integral role in quality control through visual inspection.
- Developing your skills as you move through our lines of progression system into increasingly more challenging roles.
What we offer:
- Starting rate of $24.41/hour plus applicable shift premium as defined in our Collective Agreement. Rate increases to $28.74 /hour plus shift premium after one year of employment.
- Full family benefits.
- Various lines of progression and opportunity for advancement.
- An opportunity to join an outstanding manufacturing organization.
What we require:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current safety training will be an asset
- Pre-employment baseline medical evaluation
- Pre-employment background check.
- Shift schedule is continental 4-shift. All shifts are 12 hours.
Why work at Owens Corning?
At Owens Corning, we believe our competitive advantage lies in the strength and talents of our employees.
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive base salaries
- Competitive Benefits and Company Pension
*Please note that our facility is not on a bus route. Reliable tranportation and a driving licence is a must.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.