Fairburn, Georgia, United States
Maintenance LeaderJob ID 54099
The Maintenance Leader is expected to lead with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years. They must consistently deliver results to achieve that view; lead with a decision making approach that models and teaches the proper inclusion of analytics, team ideas, and personal experiences. The Maintenance Leader will be responsible for the supervision, training, development, and engagement of primary maintenance employees along with the salaried maintenance staff. This position reports to the Plant Leader (member of Leadership Team) and will have responsibility for developing, implementing and driving best-in-class maintenance systems / processes in a union facility.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a record of accomplishments associated with plant maintenance programs and processes. Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, change management, and achieving results through employee engagement are required.
Key Focus Areas:
- Lead three (3) salaried maintenance supervisors and (1) reliability engineer to achieve operational / maintenance requirements and customer needs
- Coordinate with operations leadership to ensure a safe, reliable, and predictable manufacturing process and program.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork, and a passion for winning.
- Coordinate and ensure training needs are identified and met
- Align accountabilities of employees with goals of plant
- Develop facilitation skills in self and others to drive and promote team participation
- Using past experience and knowledge, develop and implement best-in-class maintenance processes & systems so Fairburn is consistently ranked as a top performing facility
- Oversee installation, repair, and maintenance of plant machinery within cost parameters
- Lead capital project process ensuring installation is on-time, operational and within budget
- Monitor and assign preventative and predictive maintenance orders and work orders to obtain performance metrics
- Participate on and work with Corporate Teams on projects and programs.
- Lead and continue to develop the reliability process in the plant.
1. Live the safety stand.
- Educate team members on safe operations of new equipment, processes, or modifications.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety to ensure all maintenance personnel (salaried/primary) believe and behave in a manner that supports the stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Personal Safety Action Plan (PSAP) - implement and review with leader
- Safety Metrics – RIR, First Aids, Near Misses, SAFE, and Critical 6
- Assist in reducing BMG Risk Assessment Score
- Completion of the Safety work notifications within 30 days.
2. Development and Execution of Plant Maintenance Strategy
- Determining Critical Outcomes for the Plant & Maintenance Department
- People Strategy including talent development
- Operational Excellence through productivity, cash flow and waste elimination
- Sustainability and Environmental Compliance / Stewardship
- Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Individual Goals and Objectives
- Labor Relations
- Cost Controls
- Operational Metrics
- Downtime vs. Uptime tracking
3. Leading Maintenance Operations
- Provide effective maintenance vision and leadership to department
- Ensure effective deployment of employee/labor relation practices
- Control/Reduce Operating Cost - identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies, streamline processes, and leverage resources lowering cost.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on chronic maintenance issues or repairs
- Establish a world class housekeeping environment
- Execute effective PM and work order programs using predictive and preventive technologies
- Develop solutions that improve reliability consistently ranking Fairburn as top facility
- Respond to unplanned downtime events with a sense of urgency, attention to safety and a focus on resolving problem with permanent solution
- Operational (OE) and Piece Job (PJE) Efficiencies
- Schedule Compliance for Preventative Maintenance
- Department financial forecasts/adherence
- Working Capital Reductions
- Energy Intensity Reductions
- Employee engagement and development
- Cost/lb improvement driven through improved maintenance systems/processes
- Overtime %
4. Leading and Developing Talent
- Create and sustain a culture where talent is developed through effective performance management, talent evaluation and utilization of people
- Effectively staff the organization
- Attract, develop and retain the very best talent
- Invest in the growth and development of identified high potential talent
- Participate on the Apprenticeship Committee to help lead the apprenticeship program
- Performance of Direct Reports
- Progress on Talent Development Plan
- Succession Talent Plan
- Talent Acquisition
- Minimum of 7-10 years maintenance leadership in manufacturing environment with keen knowledge of progressive maintenance systems & processes
- Degree required. B.S. degree in Engineering preferred, Science or Business considered
- Strong mechanical and electrical background and knowledge of industrial utilities systems a must
- Experience with union operations and contract negotiations strongly desired
- PM Pillar (TPM) experience desired
- Must have progressive career path effectively managing salaried professionals
- Six sigma certification and lean manufacturing experience preferred
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Leads through safety and corporate vision.
- Ability to travel, as required (10-15%).
- Proficient in use and interpretation of statistical tools.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapid changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication (achieve results fast both individually and through teams)
- Ability to coach and guide for results.
- Possesses financial acumen knowing key drivers to business success
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and turn strategy into action
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-knowledge and takes action to continuously improve.
- Leverages own and others’ strengths.
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple responsibilities
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.