Fairburn, Georgia, United States
Maintenance SupervisorJob ID 54102
Purpose of the Job
The Owens Corning Fairburn Insulation plant produces residential insulation on a 24 hour per day, seven day a week schedule. The facility consists of varying types of mechanical, electrical, and instrument controls used in a batch and furnace area, chemical area, conveying systems, and packaging areas. The Fairburn plant is one of Owens Corning’s top producing facilities with a track record for success in both production and safety.
Function of Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the areas under their responsibility. This includes ensuring the safety, scheduling, supervision, and training of their work force. As a member of the maintenance leadership team the Maintenance Supervisor must be able to use available metrics and data to continuously improve operations to achieve the Fairburn Plant operational goals.
- Live the OC safety stand, placing your safety and the safety of the technicians first
- Maintain a risk-reduction mindset, seeking to eliminate hazards throughout the plant
- Review maintenance work for accuracy and completion
- Efficient scheduling of the work force to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Use metrics to measure results and demonstrate the ability to take appropriate action for continued improvement
- Create a team environment
- Ability to work varying shifts when required including weekends.
- Maintain costs within allowable budget.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- CMRP certification highly preferred
- Familiarity with CMMS, preferably SAP
- A minimum of five years Industrial Mechanical experience
- Union work force experience preferred
Knowledge and abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Provide technical guidance in industrial mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, and machinist skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office software
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.