Feura Bush, New York, United States
Electrical Specialist CJob ID 54090
Location: Feura Bush, New York - United States
Job Title: Electrical Specialist (ELS)
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Electrical Technician position is an hourly position, and reports to the Electrical Supervisor. The employee acts as a process expert for this multi-functional craft dealing with electrical, electronic, and instrument specialist responsibilities. This includes reacting to process and equipment issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as elimination of special cause variation while driving safety & quality and optimizing plant efficiency.
Candidates for ELS must possess at least 4 years industrial electrician experience including troubleshooting, calibration, repair, and operation of pneumatic and electrical instrumentation and controls, and installation of rigid conduit and wiring. Must have PLC and AC drive experience. 2 year Degree along with Allen Bradley and Rosemount experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES**
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
**Special criteria bid job; requires a records review and interview, and then job awarded based on seniority
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in SAP system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- continuously
- Ascending/descending stairs - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Walking – continuously
- Twisting- continuously
- Ascending/descending ladders- occasionally
- Kneeling- frequently
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
If you have any questions, please text (518)-240-9731.