Feura Bush, New York, United States
HR Professional - DelmarJob ID 54155
The Human Resources (HR) Professional provides HR and business leadership to their assigned site on all matters related to human capital. This is a key position in the HR Team, responsible for assisting in delivering HR strategies and tactics in order to improve business results. The HR Professional is an effective change agent and a positive force in the effectiveness and engagement of the workforce. The position will lead various plant-wide events and projects that will involve plant employees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and enforce all safety rules, regulations, procedures, training, and initiatives
- Maintain good housekeeping in all work areas
- Participate on/lead safety teams
- HUMAN RESOURCES
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coach employees and supervisors with confidence and candor, consistent with My Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning Story, and OC Guiding Principles.
- Coach and educate leaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation.
- Fairly and consistently applying plant employment policies
- Continuously improving assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Continuously innovating & improving HR processes to enhance the company’s value and the value to our customers.
- Continuously improving our work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading effective change management practices.
- Continuously elevate the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes. The HR Generalist applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make customer-focused business decisions.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the HR strategic framework:
- Talent Acquisition: recruitment and hiring
- Talent Growth: scheduling and reporting for talent reviews; succession planning
- Talent Development: coach supervisors and guide employees
- Training & Development: Involvement in TPM and T&D
- Compensation and Benefits: policies and plans
- Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for plant employees on HR related matters, including but not limited to the administration of HR policies, benefits, processes, payroll, employee handbook, guidelines, and resources.
- Administer HRIS including SuccessFactors, Talent Center, Kronos, etc. to enter and track recruiting, job changes, employee time and pay, assign learning, record training, track HR metrics.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain comprehensive reports generated through HRIS and business information systems. Track metric and take actions to improve performance – training and policy change recommendation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Interface with outside agencies on issues including health care and other benefits, workers’ compensation, unemployment, and charitable contributions, and employee and community events
- Conduct new hire, benefits, safety, and visitor orientations, as required
- Plan and coordinate training, meetings, celebrations, and outings for special occasions. Lead and promote company/plant events and initiatives, including service awards and recognition programs
- Coordinate wellness events and physical examinations related to hiring and retention including oversight of local drug testing process; including coordination with external testing lab and communication with employees, corporate medical, and supervisors.
- Serve as the plant Compensation & Benefits Champion in order to communicate benefit plant changes to plant employees; coordinate, schedule, and deliver open enrollment employee meetings
- Manage administration of FMLA, STD, and other leaves of absence and take action to improve performance.
- Guide and administer employee handbook, safety and work rules, and plant/company policies
- Lead plant teams such as safety, engagement, or employee inclusion teams
- Other HR process and HR capability support duties as assigned including participating in and leading division HR project initiatives
- Serve as hourly payroll administrator – track error rates and take action to improve and simplify process.
- Actively engage in personal development
- Assist in driving TPM T&D Pillar initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Change agent: Effectively leads change, action, and results
- Business acumen: Demonstrates an understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business.
- Seeks best practice human resources processes and tools including in the areas of performance management, compensation, payroll, FMLA, STD, recruiting, and talent development and succession management, for the ownership and implementation by leaders.
- Excellent communications – written and oral – including presentation skills and organizational skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of constituencies.
ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and works effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision, while handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Collaborative – team focused, with the ability to work independently, proactively and professionally with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Achieves results fast, individually and through teams – can manage data and multiple points of view quickly and creatively to arrive at balanced solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities on a daily basis and possess exceptionally strong skills in attention to detail/accuracy/flexibility
- Ability to build and establish strong working relationships
- Ability to do complex mathematical calculations
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Capable of providing assistance or project responsibility for additional Owens Corning locations/operations as needed.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Proficiency operating a computer and other keyboard instruments, utilizing Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to learn and accurately use HRIS, Kronos, and SuccessFactors
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Two year’s experience in HR is preferred
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both internally and externally and interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision, while handling sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and business information (payroll/timekeeping) systems required; SuccessFactors and Kronos systems experience preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work extended / flexible hours as required
- Sit / stand / walk for prolonged periods of time
- Use computer equipment for extended periods of time.
- Travel, as needed for meetings and training