Job Title: Maintenance Technician (MTC)
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Maintenance Technician position is an hourly position, and reports to the Maintenance Leader. The employee acts as a process expert for this multi-craft job dealing with mechanical specialist and electrical responsibilities related to the mechanical function. This includes reacting to process and equipment issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as elimination of special cause variation while driving safety & quality and optimizing plant efficiency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes machines, equipment and measuring instruments to perform tasks including, but not limited to; precision alignment, predictive maintenance, balancing, welding, pipe fitting, equipment repair.
- Insures availability of required items &/or inventory.
- Utilizes journeyman multi-functional mechanic and basic electrical knowledge in order to preserve and optimize plant assets and to meet the needs of manufacturing.
- Provides support and leadership to other craft and non-craft employees in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Cooperates with others, plans and performs operational maintenance to machinery and equipment associated with plant operations.
- Performs the job of trainer for production, apprentice and other craft personnel as related to craft work.
- Includes participation in the execution of training plans, providing input for training records and input into the determination of certification status for each employee.
- Acts as management, supplier and customer liaison.
- Assists with the developmental and/or experimental projects.
- Utilizes computer expertise to complete records and reports and manage data (includes SAP, work orders, inventory, failure & trend analysis sheets, checklists, requisitions, audit sheets, etc.).
- Uses fork lift and other related material handling machinery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES**
The employee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must possess PC operational skills
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
**Special criteria bid job; requires a records review and interview, and then job awarded based on seniority
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Be proficient in SAP system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Some vocational/technical schooling
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- High School Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 4 years experience in manufacturing/industrial environment is required
- Must be at lease 18 years old and legally able to work in the United States
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. and willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Must be able to pass an in depth mechanical aptitude test to be considered
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection – frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- continuously
- Ascending/descending stairs - frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Walking – continuously
- Twisting- continuously
- Ascending/descending ladders- continuously
- Kneeling- frequently
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will”
If you have any questions, please text (518)-240-9731.