Feura Bush, New York, United States
Maintenance Technician CJob ID 59041
We are excited that you are interested in a Maintenance position with Owens Corning Delmar.
The Maintenance Technician position is an hourly position, and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The employee acts as a process expert for this multi-craft job dealing with mechanical specialist and electrical responsibilities related to the mechanical function. This includes reacting to process and equipment issues, preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as elimination of special cause variation while driving safety and quality and optimizing plant efficiency.
- Utilizes machines, equipment and measuring instruments to perform tasks including, but not limited to precision alignment, predictive maintenance, balancing, welding, pipe fitting, equipment repair.
- Ensures availability of required items and/or inventory in collaboration with Maintenance Planning Assistant.
- Utilizes journeyman multi-functional mechanic and basic electrical knowledge in order to preserve and optimize plant assets and to meet the needs of manufacturing.
- Provides support and leadership to other craft and non-craft employees in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- Cooperates with others to plan and perform operational maintenance to machinery and equipment associated with plant operations.
- Utilizes computer expertise to complete records and reports and manage data (includes SAP, work orders, inventory, failure & trend analysis sheets, checklists, requisitions, etc.).
- Ensures a safe work environment through following safety protocols, performing general housekeeping tasks and attention to detail
- Uses forklift, scissor lift, man lift, and other related machinery.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- 120 days in which you must have good attendance and performance
- Complete Workkeys Aptitude Test (Math, Graphic Literacy, Reading)
Compensation and Benefits
- Training rate: $33.19/hour
- Certified rate: $34.20/hour
- $1.00/hour night differential
- $1,000 probationary period completion bonus
- Quarterly Gain Share Bonuses
- Competitive 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthy Living incentives
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.