Feura Bush, New York, United States
Packaging Operator AssistantJob ID 53713
Production Operator Assistant Level 2
Job Title: Production Operator Assistant (POA2)
Reports to: Production Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Production Assistant is an hourly position, and reports to the Production Supervisor. Production Operator Assistant is accountable for basic packing and salvaging material. This includes manual packaging responsibilities and material handling equipment, inserting packaging materials into the process, end of line roll separation, rebaging, waste disposal, transportation of products & materials, and product selection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures proper packaging material is used, product selection, and job set-ups.
- Operates repack, form fill & seal, baggers, and conveying equipment.
- Salvages work and assists with jam-ups.
- Assists with material availability and transportation of finished and reworked goods when needed.
- Uses PLC (programmable Logic Controller) to select products and packages.
- Uses fork lift and other related material handling machinery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts :
- Wearing respirator protection - frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- continuously
- Hand/Eye Coordination– frequently
- Walking – frequently
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.